Harvick reunited with crew chief MartinAug 21, 2012 - 2:50 PM Charlotte, NC (Sports Network) - Gil Martin will return as crew chief for Kevin Harvick's No. 29 Chevrolet at Richard Childress Racing, starting this weekend at Bristol Motor Speedway.
Martin is replacing Shane Wilson, who had served as Harvick's crew chief since the start of the 2012 season. Martin had guided Harvick's efforts from April 2009 until the end of last year. It's not known at this time what Wilson's position will be with RCR.
"We're just trying to turn things around to make sure we get in the Chase, then be competitive once we get into the Chase," Martin told FoxSports.com. "It's not a question of us knowing each other's history. We've worked together before."
Three races remain before the championship Chase begins.
Harvick scored four victories in the Sprint Cup Series last year but has yet to win a race this season. He is currently eighth in points, with three top- five finishes and nine top-10s in 23 races. Harvick has finished third in the point standings the past two years.
He started 16th and finished 20th in last Sunday's race at Michigan International Speedway.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- DiCaprio enters team in electric race car series 5:39p
- F1 awarding double points in 2014 season-finale 4:57p
- Earnhardt Jr. voted most popular driver for 11th straight time Thu
- Burton driving for Michael Waltrip Racing in 2014 Dec 2
- The Inside Line: Unforgettable season for Vettel but not F1 Nov 27
- Vettel ends F1 season with historic win in Brazil Nov 24
- Vettel storms to Brazilian GP pole Nov 23
- Vettel aiming for ninth straight F1 win Nov 22
- Stewart-Haas, Roush Fenway make changes to teams for 2014 Nov 19
- The Inside Line: Sorry, McNabb, but Johnson really is an athlete Nov 18
- Larson's Nationwide team penalized for Homestead violations Nov 18
- Johnson captures sixth Sprint Cup Series championship Nov 18