Kyle Busch's team penalized for Michigan infractionAug 21, 2012 - 9:24 PM Daytona Beach, FL (Sports Network) - NASCAR on Tuesday handed down penalties to Joe Gibbs Racing's No. 18 team for a rules violation that occurred this past weekend at Michigan International Speedway.
Officials discovered an improperly attached weight on Kyle Busch's No. 18 Toyota during Saturday's practice session. Crew chief Dave Rogers received a $25,000 fine and was placed on probation until Oct. 3. Car chief Wesley Sherrill received probation for the same amount of time as well. Neither Busch nor car owner Joe Gibbs were penalized with a loss of points.
Busch is currently 14th in the point standings. He is also third in the wild card rankings with three races to go before the start of the Chase for the Sprint Cup championship. Busch started 23rd and finished 13th in Sunday's 400- mile race at Michigan.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- The Inside Line: Strange but memorable season in Sprint Cup 5:06p
- DiCaprio enters team in electric race car series Mon
- F1 awarding double points in 2014 season-finale Mon
- Earnhardt Jr. voted most popular driver for 11th straight time Thu
- Burton driving for Michael Waltrip Racing in 2014 Dec 2
- The Inside Line: Unforgettable season for Vettel but not F1 Nov 27
- Vettel ends F1 season with historic win in Brazil Nov 24
- Vettel storms to Brazilian GP pole Nov 23
- Vettel aiming for ninth straight F1 win Nov 22
- Stewart-Haas, Roush Fenway make changes to teams for 2014 Nov 19
- The Inside Line: Sorry, McNabb, but Johnson really is an athlete Nov 18
- Larson's Nationwide team penalized for Homestead violations Nov 18