Aborah set for Vitesse departureApr 18, 2012 - 4:34 PM Arnhem, Netherlands (Sports Network) - Vitesse revealed on Wednesday that midfielder Stanley Aborah will be leaving the club when his contract expires at the end of the season.
The 24-year-old moved to Vitesse in 2011 from Belgian side Cappellen, and had been in talks with the club about a new contract.
But the Ghana-born midfielder broke off those talks according the club, meaning he will be playing elsewhere next season.
"Vitesse and Aborah were talking together about a new contract, but the player has indicated he does not want the talks to continue," read a statement on the club's official website.
"That automatically means that Aborah leaves the Arnhem club at the end of the season."
Aborah has scored one goal in 10 Eredivisie appearances this season.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Cocu takes charge at PSV May 13
- Ajax caps title-winning season in style May 12
- Ajax routs Willem II to clinch Eredivisie title May 5
- Pelle's brace powers Feyenoord over Heracles Apr 28
- PSV rolls over Groningen Apr 27
- Feyenoord tops Vitesse to climb to third Apr 21
- Heracles cruises past RKC Waalwijk Apr 20
- Boerrigter sends Ajax five points clear Apr 14
- Vitesse throws away three-goal lead against Roda Apr 13
- Ajax goalkeeper Vermeer hit with two-match ban Apr 8
- Ajax maintains Eredivisie lead Apr 7
- Vitesse, PSV keep pressure on Ajax Apr 6