Vitesse comes from behind to edge ExcelsiorApr 28, 2012 - 11:47 PM Arnhem, Netherlands (Sports Network) - Vitesse surrendered two first-half goals but battled back to claim all three points in a 3-2 defeat of 10-man Excelsior at the GelreDome on Saturday.
Jan-Arie Van Der Heijden conceded an own goal in the 34th minute and Roland Alberg extended the lead eight minutes later. Alexander Buttner was able to cut the deficit in half with a penalty kick just before the break.
Jordy van Deelen was sent off in 75th minute and Vitesse took advantage. Buttner converted from the spot once more to get the two sides on level terms in the 80th minute, and Marco van Ginkel completed the comeback with the winner in the dying minutes.
Elsewhere on Saturday, Bas Dost scored twice to see Heerenveen claim a 4-2 win over Heracles, NAC earned a 3-1 win over Utrecht and Venlo edged Den Haag in a 2-1 victory.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Cocu takes charge at PSV May 13
- Ajax caps title-winning season in style May 12
- Ajax routs Willem II to clinch Eredivisie title May 5
- Pelle's brace powers Feyenoord over Heracles Apr 28
- PSV rolls over Groningen Apr 27
- Feyenoord tops Vitesse to climb to third Apr 21
- Heracles cruises past RKC Waalwijk Apr 20
- Boerrigter sends Ajax five points clear Apr 14
- Vitesse throws away three-goal lead against Roda Apr 13
- Ajax goalkeeper Vermeer hit with two-match ban Apr 8
- Ajax maintains Eredivisie lead Apr 7
- Vitesse, PSV keep pressure on Ajax Apr 6