Vitesse comes from behind to edge ExcelsiorApr 28, 2012 - 11:47 PM Arnhem, Netherlands (Sports Network) - Vitesse surrendered two first-half goals but battled back to claim all three points in a 3-2 defeat of 10-man Excelsior at the GelreDome on Saturday.
Jan-Arie Van Der Heijden conceded an own goal in the 34th minute and Roland Alberg extended the lead eight minutes later. Alexander Buttner was able to cut the deficit in half with a penalty kick just before the break.
Jordy van Deelen was sent off in 75th minute and Vitesse took advantage. Buttner converted from the spot once more to get the two sides on level terms in the 80th minute, and Marco van Ginkel completed the comeback with the winner in the dying minutes.
Elsewhere on Saturday, Bas Dost scored twice to see Heerenveen claim a 4-2 win over Heracles, NAC earned a 3-1 win over Utrecht and Venlo edged Den Haag in a 2-1 victory.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Go Ahead Eagles brush aside Zwolle Sun
- Klaassen's hat trick helps Ajax roll over NAC Sat
- Vitesse eases past Cambuur Dec 1
- Late surge helps Groningen draw NAC Nov 30
- Piazon's brace propels Vitesse past Go Ahead Eagles Nov 24
- Ajax takes over top spot in Eredivisie Nov 23
- Johansson helps AZ earn point at Feyenoord Nov 10
- Vitesse tops Utrecht with late surge Nov 9
- Feyenoord tops Cambuur to move into top four Nov 3
- AZ Alkmaar goes top with Den Haag defeat Nov 2
- AZ Alkmaar moves up with Zwolle defeat Oct 27
- NAC rolls over Go Ahead Eagles Oct 26