Sporting KC signs defender MillerMay 31, 2012 - 3:32 PM Kansas City, KS (Sports Network) - Sporting Kansas City announced Thursday it has signed 2012 MLS Supplemental Draft pick Kyle Miller.
The 23-year-old Miller has appeared in three MLS Reserve League matches so far this year, and also played in Sporting's friendly against Rockhurst University - where the defender was named All-America in college.
"Kyle's work ethic is what earned him his first professional contract," said Sporting Kansas City coach Peter Vermes. "He has good qualities and we look forward to watching his development."
Miller also played in three preseason matches and scored in a 4-1 win over the U.S. U-17 national team. He appeared in 80 matches in his collegiate career.
"I am really excited. I have been here for a few months now and Peter and the rest of the coaching staff kept encouraging me and told me to keep working hard," Miller said. "All the hard work finally paid off. It is honestly a dream come true."
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- United, Sporting KC draw at RFK Sun
- United out to end woes against Sporting Fri
- Toronto acquires Convey from Sporting May 16
- SKC halts Houston's historic streak May 12
- Dynamo bring historic streak into SKC clash May 11
- Traore leaves it late for Seattle May 8
- Seattle, SKC tussle at Sporting Park May 7
- SKC's Zusi earns MLS Player of the Week honor May 6
- SKC thrashes Chivas USA at Sporting Park May 5
- Back to the drawing board for SKC against Chivas May 3
- Portland topples Sporting to extend unbeaten run Apr 27
- Sporting hopes to rebound against Portland Apr 26