Galaxy's Magee, Stephens and Union's Pajoy suspendedJun 1, 2012 - 5:37 PM New York, NY (Sports Network) - The MLS Disciplinary Committee handed down a trio of suspensions with Los Angeles Galaxy forward Mike Magee and midfielder Michael Stephens as well as Philadelphia Union forward Lionard Pajoy each receiving one-match bans.
Magee's punishment stems from the team's May 26 match with the Houston Dynamo when the forward threw a ball in the referee's direction in the 92nd minute of the match.
Stephens also received his ban from the Houston game as he committed a poor tackle on the Dynamo's Adam Moffat in the 46th minute.
Toronto FC forward Joao Plata was the victim of a reckless tackle from Pajoy, who will miss his team's next match on June 16 against D.C. United.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Cahill's late goal sees N.Y. down L.A. Sun
- McInerney scores again as Union douse Fire Sat
- Red Bulls, Galaxy set for high-profile clash May 17
- Union look to bounce back against Fire at PPL May 17
- Donovan, Keane shine as Galaxy crush Union May 15
- Chivas acquires G. Farfan from Philadelphia May 14
- Union out to turn home form around vs. L.A. May 14
- Teibert's brace helps 'Caps snap winless streak May 11
- McInerney, MacMath lift Union past Fire May 11
- 'Caps aiming to end winless run vs. Galaxy May 10
- Chicago resumes MLS action with Philadelphia tilt May 10
- Driver's strike lifts Houston past L.A. May 6