Galaxy's Magee, Stephens and Union's Pajoy suspendedJun 1, 2012 - 5:37 PM New York, NY (Sports Network) - The MLS Disciplinary Committee handed down a trio of suspensions with Los Angeles Galaxy forward Mike Magee and midfielder Michael Stephens as well as Philadelphia Union forward Lionard Pajoy each receiving one-match bans.
Magee's punishment stems from the team's May 26 match with the Houston Dynamo when the forward threw a ball in the referee's direction in the 92nd minute of the match.
Stephens also received his ban from the Houston game as he committed a poor tackle on the Dynamo's Adam Moffat in the 46th minute.
Toronto FC forward Joao Plata was the victim of a reckless tackle from Pajoy, who will miss his team's next match on June 16 against D.C. United.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- L.A. returns to action to face struggling Dallas Aug 9
- D.C. out to continue impressive form vs. Philadelphia Aug 9
- Galaxy signs Panama GK Penedo Aug 5
- Magee powers Chicago past Philadelphia Aug 3
- Union shoot for season sweep of Fire Aug 2
- MLS suspends RSL's Alvarez, two others Aug 2
- Union sign Brazilian midfielder Gilberto Aug 2
- McInerney to replace Cahill in MLS All-Star Game Jul 28
- Hoppenot sends 10-man 'Caps to first home loss Jul 27
- Rapids roll past Galaxy Jul 27
- Mastroeni returns to Colorado with Galaxy Jul 26
- Union face tough test against Whitecaps FC Jul 26