Rapids re-sign Moor to multi-year contractJun 12, 2012 - 8:29 PM Commerce City, CO (Sports Network) - The Colorado Rapids re-signed defender Drew Moor to a multi-year contract Tuesday.
The 28-year-old Moor joined Colorado in August 2009, and has played 83 regular season matches. He has seven goals, including two this season, for the Rapids.
"I'm excited to sign a new contract with the Rapids," Moor said. "Over the last three years, Colorado has become my home and I have developed a great relationship with all the fans who come out to Dick?s Sporting Goods Park."
Capped five times for the U.S. national team, Moor started his career with FC Dallas. He played 123 times for Dallas, and had eight goals and two assists.
"Drew has been a critical piece of our squad since he joined us in 2009, and was essential to our MLS Cup run in 2010," said Rapids Technical Director Paul Bravo.
"His talent, intelligence, and leadership have made him an important member of the club, both on and off the field, and we're thrilled to have him with us for years ahead."
Per league and team policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Rapids hope to keep rolling over Chivas Aug 9
- Torres becomes Colorado's first DP Aug 9
- Rapids claim Rocky Mountain Cup after draw with RSL Aug 3
- Rocky Mountain Cup on the line as RSL meets Colorado Aug 2
- Rapids roll past Galaxy Jul 27
- Mastroeni returns to Colorado with Galaxy Jul 26
- Rapids, Sounders share the spoils at CenturyLink Jul 20
- Rapids hope to continue impressive run Jul 19
- Revs fall to Rapids for second straight defeat Jul 17
- Colorado returns with home match against New England Jul 16
- DCU, Colorado play to scoreless draw at DSG Park Jul 7
- Rapids aim to stay hot against United Jul 5