Rapids re-sign Moor to multi-year contractJun 12, 2012 - 8:29 PM Commerce City, CO (Sports Network) - The Colorado Rapids re-signed defender Drew Moor to a multi-year contract Tuesday.
The 28-year-old Moor joined Colorado in August 2009, and has played 83 regular season matches. He has seven goals, including two this season, for the Rapids.
"I'm excited to sign a new contract with the Rapids," Moor said. "Over the last three years, Colorado has become my home and I have developed a great relationship with all the fans who come out to Dick?s Sporting Goods Park."
Capped five times for the U.S. national team, Moor started his career with FC Dallas. He played 123 times for Dallas, and had eight goals and two assists.
"Drew has been a critical piece of our squad since he joined us in 2009, and was essential to our MLS Cup run in 2010," said Rapids Technical Director Paul Bravo.
"His talent, intelligence, and leadership have made him an important member of the club, both on and off the field, and we're thrilled to have him with us for years ahead."
Per league and team policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Chavez helps 'Quakes claim point against Colorado Sun
- Rapids, 'Quakes meet at Buck Shaw May 17
- Rapids roll over Columbus May 11
- Crew hoping to start new unbeaten run vs. Rapids May 10
- Colorado signs Mera on loan May 7
- Buddle opens Rapids account in TFC defeat May 4
- TFC tries for turnaround in Colorado May 3
- Dynamo make history in draw with Rapids Apr 28
- Rapids limp into BBVA to test Dynamo Apr 26
- Sounders hold off Rapids to claim first win Apr 20
- Seattle heads to DSG Park hoping for first win Apr 19
- Colorado cools Chivas with early PK Apr 14