Arsenal signs France forward GiroudJun 26, 2012 - 6:23 PM London, England (Sports Network) - Arsenal signed France international forward Olivier Giroud from Montpellier on Tuesday.
The 25-year-old Giroud scored 21 goals to lead Ligue 1 in France last season, and is the second summer signing for Arsenal. The Gunners previously acquired German international striker Lukas Podolski.
"We are delighted to have secured the signing of Olivier Giroud. He has a very good physical presence and is exceptional in the air," Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger said.
Giroud appeared in three games for France at Euro 2012, but did not score. He completed a physical and agreed to terms late Monday and will join the Gunners on July 1.
"I am delighted to be here at Arsenal and to be part of one of the great teams in English football," Giroud said. "It's a huge satisfaction to join this great club and it's been a dream since I was young to play in the Premier League."
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Champions United cut adrift in EPL 6:14p
- Suarez scores four as Liverpool hammers Norwich 6:13p
- Wenger not fazed by Arsenal EPL critics 6:07a
- Aussie Jedinak guides Palace to 1-0 win Tue
- Chamakh's header enough for Palace to edge West Ham Tue
- Moyes expects mixed reception from Everton Tue
- Mourinho says pressure on Man City Tue
- Return of Kompany set to boost Man City Tue
- I must do better, admits Spurs' Soldado Tue
- Arsenal's Sagna to miss Hull visit Tue
- Arsenal's Sagna to miss Hull EPL visit Tue
- Szczesny confident Arsenal won't crack Mon