Arsenal signs France forward GiroudJun 26, 2012 - 6:23 PM London, England (Sports Network) - Arsenal signed France international forward Olivier Giroud from Montpellier on Tuesday.
The 25-year-old Giroud scored 21 goals to lead Ligue 1 in France last season, and is the second summer signing for Arsenal. The Gunners previously acquired German international striker Lukas Podolski.
"We are delighted to have secured the signing of Olivier Giroud. He has a very good physical presence and is exceptional in the air," Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger said.
Giroud appeared in three games for France at Euro 2012, but did not score. He completed a physical and agreed to terms late Monday and will join the Gunners on July 1.
"I am delighted to be here at Arsenal and to be part of one of the great teams in English football," Giroud said. "It's a huge satisfaction to join this great club and it's been a dream since I was young to play in the Premier League."
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Ferdinand signs contract extension with United 11:28a
- Ferdinand extends Man United contract 5:26a
- Pulis out after seven seasons at Stoke Wed
- Carlton Cole to leave EPL club West Ham Wed
- Liverpool EPL club won't sell Luis Suarez Wed
- Pulis leaves Stoke after seven years Tue
- Man Utd earns $95m from broadcasters Tue
- Aussies a dying breed in EPL Mon
- Ferguson departs with EPL managers' award Mon
- ManU look forward after Ferguson exit Sun
- Koscielny helps Arsenal secure fourth place Sun
- Arsenal seal Champions League berth Sun