Dortmund opens 2012-13 season against BremenJun 26, 2012 - 9:16 PM Dortmund, Germany (Sports Network) - Two-time defending Bundesliga champions Borussia Dortmund will start the 2012-13 season against Werder Bremen, it was announced Tuesday.
Dortmund and Bremen, two original members of the league, will begin the 50th Bundesliga slate at Signal Iduna Park in Dortmund on Aug. 24, exactly 49 years to the day the teams first met in league play.
Champions League finalist and Bundesliga runner-up Bayern Munich will visit Bundesliga 2 champions Greuther Furth for its opener.
Hoffenheim visits Monchengladbach, Wolfsburg visits Stuttgart, Schalke visits Hannover, Mainz visits Freiburg, Fortuna Dusseldorf visits Augsburg, Nurnberg visits Hamburg, and Bayer Leverkusen visits Eintracht in the other openers on the weekend of Aug. 25-26.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Petersen completes Werder Bremen deal 12:06p
- Dortmund's Gotze to miss Champions League final Wed
- Bayern completes Bundesliga season in style Sat
- Freiburg eyes first Champions League spot May 17
- Schalke's Metzelder announces retirement May 16
- Schaaf leaves Bremen by mutual consent May 15
- Bayern cruises past Augsburg May 11
- Draxler signs Schalke extension May 10
- Relegation battle takes center stage in Germany May 10
- Klasnic, Ivanschitz to depart Mainz May 9
- Rojas signs for Stuttgart May 8
- Dortmund's Weidenfeller signs extension May 6