Diakite completes permanent QPR moveJun 27, 2012 - 6:45 PM London, England (Sports Network) - QPR announced Wednesday that it has signed midfielder Samba Diakite on permanent deal after a loan spell with the London club last season.
The 23-year-old made the loan move from French side Nancy in the January transfer window last term, but QPR reserved the option to sign the Mali international on a full-time basis in the summer.
Diakite made a lasting impact as he has put pen to paper on a four-year contract with the Loftus Road outfit.
"Samba was a real find for us in January, so we're delighted he's joined us permanently," QPR manager Mark Hughes told the club's official website. "He's a very accomplished footballer and he's made to measure for the Premier League. He's got good pace, strength and ability on the ball and he's going to be a great asset for us going forward."
Diakite went on to make nine Premier League appearances last season, helping the Rangers avoid relegation.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Champions United cut adrift in EPL 6:14p
- Suarez scores four as Liverpool hammers Norwich 6:13p
- Wenger not fazed by Arsenal EPL critics 6:07a
- Aussie Jedinak guides Palace to 1-0 win Tue
- Chamakh's header enough for Palace to edge West Ham Tue
- Moyes expects mixed reception from Everton Tue
- Mourinho says pressure on Man City Tue
- Return of Kompany set to boost Man City Tue
- I must do better, admits Spurs' Soldado Tue
- Arsenal's Sagna to miss Hull visit Tue
- Arsenal's Sagna to miss Hull EPL visit Tue
- Szczesny confident Arsenal won't crack Mon