United acquires forward Tan from WhitecapsJun 28, 2012 - 10:15 PM Washington, D.C. (Sports Network) - D.C. United acquired striker Long Tan from Vancouver Whitecaps FC on Thursday for a first-round selection in the 2015 MLS Supplemental Draft.
The 24-year-old Tan joined Vancouver prior to last season to become the first Chinese-born player in the league. He played 13 games, including four starts, last season and had made four appearances this season.
"We're happy to have Long join our organization and will look forward to him joining the team. He's an interesting prospect and a player we feel has a future upside," said D.C. United General Manager Dave Kasper.
Tan has one goal in MLS, against D.C. United last season.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- United, Sporting KC draw at RFK 7:07p
- United out to end woes against Sporting Fri
- United's Russell announces retirement Wed
- FCD continues to roll with DCU defeat May 11
- DCU hopeful of reversing fortunes at FCD May 10
- Bruin's brace powers Dynamo past D.C. United May 8
- D.C United, Dynamo tangle at RFK May 7
- Columbus piles more misery on D.C. United Apr 27
- D.C. hopes to end poor spell at Columbus Apr 26
- McInerney shines again as Union topples United Apr 21
- Union, D.C. United renew rivalry at RFK Apr 19
- Red Bulls double up on United Apr 13