United acquires forward Tan from WhitecapsJun 28, 2012 - 10:15 PM Washington, D.C. (Sports Network) - D.C. United acquired striker Long Tan from Vancouver Whitecaps FC on Thursday for a first-round selection in the 2015 MLS Supplemental Draft.
The 24-year-old Tan joined Vancouver prior to last season to become the first Chinese-born player in the league. He played 13 games, including four starts, last season and had made four appearances this season.
"We're happy to have Long join our organization and will look forward to him joining the team. He's an interesting prospect and a player we feel has a future upside," said D.C. United General Manager Dave Kasper.
Tan has one goal in MLS, against D.C. United last season.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- D.C. out to continue impressive form vs. Philadelphia Aug 9
- DCU to meet RSL in U.S. Open Cup final Aug 7
- Doyle sparks United to win over Montreal Aug 3
- Montreal heads to DCU with sights set on first place Aug 2
- Revs storm back for victory at DCU Jul 27
- Revolution, DCU clash at RFK Jul 26
- D.C. United announces plan for new stadium Jul 25
- Rolfe nets brace as Fire rout United Jul 20
- DCU, Fire lock horns at Toyota Park Jul 19
- DCU lands Doyle in loan deal Jul 18
- TFC sends Silva to DCU in exchange for allocation money Jul 9
- DCU, Colorado play to scoreless draw at DSG Park Jul 7