Sporting signs defender MarkovicJul 6, 2012 - 11:01 PM Kansas City, KS (Sports Network) - Sporting Kansas City signed defender Neven Markovic on Friday.
The 25-year-old Markovic joins Sporting KC as a discovery signing from Greek side Doxa Drama FC.
"I like it here because MLS is so organized. The people are good, the city is good, I am very happy here," Markovic said. "All I have to worry about is playing on the field."
Markovic has also played for Serbia's FK Rad Belgrade, Romania's FC Vaslui and Croatia's NK Sagreb during his career.
"He's a very tenacious defender with a lot of experience at a very young age. This is a good addition for the club going forward with this next stretch of games," Sporting KC manager Peter Vermes said. "He has the same work ethic and mentality that we're looking for."
Per club policy, terms of the agreement will not be disclosed.
Sporting also waived defender Shawn Singh.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Kamara lifts SKC to first place Aug 10
- SKC hopes to snap losing skid vs. New England Aug 9
- RBNY tops SKC to climb atop the East Aug 3
- RBNY, SKC battle for top spot in the East Aug 2
- Smith's late goal sees Montreal down Sporting Jul 27
- Sporting, Montreal square off at the Stade Saputo Jul 26
- Vermes extends SKC contract Jul 23
- Opara leaves it late as SKC edges 10-man RSL Jul 21
- Supporters' Shield contenders KC, RSL tangle at Rio Tinto Jul 19
- Saad's brace helps Sporting down TFC Jul 13
- SKC out for revenge against Toronto Jul 12
- Sporting strikes early to hold off Chicago Jul 7