'Quakes move Ampaipitakwong, release MorenoJul 9, 2012 - 6:05 PM San Jose, CA (Sports Network) - The San Jose Earthquakes unloaded two players from their roster on Monday, transferring midfielder Anthony Ampaipitakwong and releasing midfielder Tressor Moreno.
Ampaipitakwong moves to Buriram United of the Thai Premier League for an undisclosed fee, while Moreno has been cut loose after complaining about a lack of playing time this season.
After featuring 12 times as a rookie last season for San Jose, Ampaipitakwong didn't make one appearance for the 'Quakes this term, while Moreno recorded three assists in 12 matches so far but was still unhappy about the amount of minutes he was receiving.
"Tressor was unhappy with his lack of playing time here and he wanted to leave. We respected his request and decided a mutual parting of ways would be best for both parties," said Earthquakes general manager John Doyle.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- FCD aims to start new streak against 'Quakes Fri
- Chavez helps 'Quakes claim point against Colorado May 19
- Rapids, 'Quakes meet at Buck Shaw May 17
- San Jose's Chavez has ban reduced May 15
- Sounders roll past 'Quakes May 11
- MLS suspends San Jose's Chavez May 10
- Sounders hope to continue strong run against 'Quakes May 10
- 'Quakes snap winless skid behind Wondolowski's late goal May 9
- Struggling sides TFC, San Jose tangle at Buck Shaw May 7
- Cronin claims point for 'Quakes with late goal May 4
- Impact, 'Quakes tangle at Buck Shaw May 3
- Cato salvages point for 'Quakes against Chivas Apr 28