RSL acquires Braun from MontrealJul 11, 2012 - 9:10 PM Sandy, UT (Sports Network) - Real Salt Lake secured the services of forward Justin Braun from the Montreal Impact in exchange for a conditional 2014 MLS SuperDraft pick on Wednesday.
Braun was acquired by the Impact from Chivas USA last November along with Gerson Mayen for defender James Riley and allocation money.
But the 25-year-old Braun failed to find the back of the net in 12 games for Montreal this season, and he will now be heading home to his native Salt Lake City.
"We want to thank Justin for the services he rendered here with Montreal," Impact sporting director Nick De Santis said. "He always managed and handled himself in the best professional way and was very committed toward the team. We wish him the best with Real Salt Lake."
Braun netted 24 goals with Chivas before moving to Montreal, and he becomes the third new addition to RSL in recent weeks, joining Kwame Watson-Siriboe and Kenny Mansally.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- RSL's Garcia earns MLS Player of the Week honor Jun 10
- Garcia sparks RSL in win over Galaxy Jun 8
- RSL welcomes L.A. to Rio Tinto Jun 7
- RSL thrashes San Jose at Rio Tinto Jun 1
- San Jose eyes turnaround in Salt Lake May 31
- RSL begins homestand against offensively-challenged Fire May 24
- Grabavoy leads the way as RSL charges past Chivas May 20
- RSL completes road trip against sputtering Goats May 17
- Impact leave it late against RSL May 11
- Montreal, RSL hope to inch closer to first place May 10
- Garcia lifts RSL over Revolution May 8
- RSL attempts to build momentum against Revs May 7