New York sends Richards to Vancouver for Le TouxJul 14, 2012 - 9:39 PM Harrison, NJ (Sports Network) - Red Bull New York acquired forward Sebastien Le Toux in a trade with Vancouver Whitecaps FC on Friday night for midfielder Dane Richards and allocation money.
The Whitecaps acquired Le Toux from the Philadelphia Union on Jan. 31, and the 28-year-old had four goals and one assist in his first season with Vancouver.
Le Toux had 25 goals and 20 assists in 62 regular-season games with the Union, and was an MLS All-Star and Best XI selection in 2010. He also played one year for Seattle Sounders FC, notching one goal and three assists.
"Sebastien is one of the premier attacking players in the league and someone who we have admired for a long time," New York general manager and sporting director Erik Soler said.
Richards was drafted by New York in 2007, and played 147 matches for the club. The 28-year-old has 21 goals and 26 assists in his career, including one goal and two assists in 17 games this season.
"(Richards) has been a great player for our club," Soler said, "and it was a difficult decision to trade someone of his quality."
Le Toux will be available to debut for Red Bull New York on Sunday, when it hosts Seattle Sounders FC. Vancouver visits Chicago on Saturday night.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Cahill's late goal sees N.Y. down L.A. Sun
- Valencia helps 10-man Timbers earn draw with 'Caps Sat
- Red Bulls, Galaxy set for high-profile clash May 17
- Portland resumes Cascadia Cup play in Vancouver May 17
- Revs, Red Bulls settle for a point May 11
- Teibert's brace helps 'Caps snap winless streak May 11
- N.Y. out to end road drought vs. New England May 10
- 'Caps aiming to end winless run vs. Galaxy May 10
- Henry's double helps New York hold off Montreal May 8
- RBNY tests winning streak against Montreal May 7
- Strong second half pushes RSL past Vancouver May 4
- Cahill lifts New York past Columbus May 4