Vela makes Sociedad switchJul 18, 2012 - 3:12 PM San Sebastian, Spain (Sports Network) - Carlos Vela has completed a permanent move to Real Sociedad on a four-year contract, ending his association with Arsenal.
Vela spent last season on loan at Sociedad, scoring 12 goals in 35 games to lead the club in scoring.
But the 23-year-old Mexican was never able to secure a regular place in Arsene Wenger's first team during his seven years with the club, and has been allowed to leave London permanently.
"Arsenal Football Club has announced that striker Carlos Vela is in San Sebastian this evening for final discussions about a permanent move to Spanish La Liga side Real Sociedad," read a statement on Arsenal's official website.
During his time with Arsenal, Vela made 62 appearances and netted 11 goals, and he has also spent time with Salamanca, Osasuna and West Bromwich on loan.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Mallorca tops Betis to revive survival hopes 5:59p
- Real confirms Mourinho departure after season 3:54p
- Barca inches closer to century mark after win over Valladolid Sun
- Real Sociedad rises to fourth with Sevilla defeat Sat
- Atletico upsets Real in Copa del Rey final Fri
- Barca begins victory lap against Valladolid Fri
- Messi likely out for rest of the season May 14
- Sociedad held by Granada after late goal May 13
- Varane to undergo knee surgery May 13
- Valencia moves into fourth place with Vallecano defeat May 12
- Real Madrid concedes title with Espanyol draw May 11
- Barca poised to reclaim title May 10