Chicago signs Dutch striker MacDonaldJul 24, 2012 - 3:47 PM Bridgeview, IL (Sports Network) - The Chicago Fire announced Tuesday that the club has signed Dutch striker Sherjill MacDonald from Belgian side Beerschot AC.
MacDonald will join the Fire as a Designated Player pending an international opening on the roster. Per league and club policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.
"Sherjill is a goal scorer who can hold the ball up, attack with pace and is very technically sound," said Fire head coach Frank Klopas. "He has competed at a high level in Europe and will bolster our attack as we make a push toward the MLS Cup Playoffs."
The 27-year-old previously enjoyed stints with Belgian giants Anderlecht, Dutch first division side AGOVV Apeldoorn and English Premier League club West Bromwich. Over the course of his 10-year professional career in Belgium, the Netherlands and England, MacDonald has tallied 47 goals in 217 appearances.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Chicago piles more misery on Montreal Aug 10
- Fire welcome Impact to Toyota Park Aug 9
- Magee powers Chicago past Philadelphia Aug 3
- Union shoot for season sweep of Fire Aug 2
- Dynamo, Fire battle to draw at BBVA Jul 27
- Dynamo aims to continue momentum against Fire Jul 26
- Fire sign Ecuadorian striker Anangono Jul 23
- Chicago's Rolfe voted MLS Player of the Week Jul 22
- Rolfe nets brace as Fire rout United Jul 20
- DCU, Fire lock horns at Toyota Park Jul 19
- Camilo's double powers 'Caps past Fire Jul 14
- Fire hopes to cool off 'Caps Jul 12