San Jose acquires Ballouchy from RBNYJul 30, 2012 - 4:57 PM San Jose, CA (Sports Network) - The San Jose Earthquakes added midfielder Mehdi Ballouchy from Red Bull New York on Monday in exchange for a 2013 international spot and a conditional 2013 draft pick.
Ballouchy has spent seven seasons in MLS with three different teams, amassing 13 goals and 24 assists in 174 career games.
"I've admired his play over the seven years he's been in the league," said Earthquakes head coach Frank Yallop. "He's steadily improved since joining MLS. Mehdi's a good player, a great addition to our team and we're looking forward to having him here in San Jose."
In his most recent stop with New York, Ballouchy scored four goals with four assists in 51 appearances since joining the club in September 2010 in a trade from the Colorado Rapids.
"Mehdi has been a good MLS player for a long time and we're excited to add more depth to the team," said Earthquakes general manager John Doyle.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Watson off to winning start as San Jose tops 10-man Rapids Sat
- San Jose meets Colorado with new man at the helm Fri
- San Jose parts ways with Yallop Jun 7
- RSL thrashes San Jose at Rio Tinto Jun 1
- Vancouver ends New York's unbeaten run Jun 1
- San Jose eyes turnaround in Salt Lake May 31
- MLS suspends Bernardez, Joseph; fines Petke May 31
- N.Y. tests unbeaten run against Vancouver May 31
- Olave's late goal saves RBNY against Crew May 26
- Castillo's goal enough as FCD holds off San Jose May 25
- Red Bulls aim to extend unbeaten run vs. Crew May 24
- FCD aims to start new streak against 'Quakes May 24