Chivas acquires Joseph from New EnglandAug 1, 2012 - 3:29 PM Carson, CA (Sports Network) - Shalrie Joseph's time in New England came to an end on Wednesday as the veteran midfielder was traded to Chivas USA in exchange for midfielder Blair Gavin, a SuperDraft second round pick in 2013 and undisclosed allocation money.
Joseph, 34, spent the better part of nine seasons with the Revs, earning All Star recognition eight times and appearing in 261 games for the club, scoring 37 goals and chipping in 34 assists.
He was also a big part of New England reaching three straight MLS Cup finals in 2005, 2006 and 2007.
"We are very glad to bring Shalrie Joseph to the organization," said Chivas USA's general manager Jose Domene. "He has been one the most consistent players in this league. He brings his experience and he will help us make that final push for the playoffs and hopefully MLS Cup."
Gavin heads to New England having appeared in nine matches for the Goats this season, while his best campaign came in 2010, his rookie season, when he notched three goals and one assist in 16 starts after being selected 10th overall in the 2010 MLS SuperDraft.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Kamara lifts SKC to first place Aug 10
- Rapids hope to keep rolling over Chivas Aug 9
- SKC hopes to snap losing skid vs. New England Aug 9
- Laba's early goal holds up as TFC tops Revs Aug 4
- San Jose topples Chivas behind Wondolowski's brace Aug 4
- Revs, TFC tangle at Gillette Aug 2
- 'Quakes hope to continue good run against Chivas Aug 2
- Neagle helps Seattle down Chivas Jul 29
- Revs storm back for victory at DCU Jul 27
- Sounders eye turnaround against Chivas Jul 26
- Revolution, DCU clash at RFK Jul 26
- Revs strike twice at the death to top Crew Jul 20