Voronin joins Dusseldorf on loanAug 1, 2012 - 4:08 PM Dusseldorf, Germany (Sports Network) - Andriy Voronin returned to the Bundesliga on Wednesday as he joined promoted side Fortuna Dusseldorf on a season-long loan from Dinamo Moscow.
The 33-year-old began his career with Monchengladbach while also spending time in Germany with Mainz, Cologne and Bayer Leverkusen.
Voronin moved to Liverpool for three disappointing seasons before securing a loan move to Hertha Berlin.
"We are delighted to have been able to sign a striker in Andriy Voronin who has already celebrated numerous triumphs in his career," said Fortuna's director of sport Wolf Werner.
"We are pleased to have been able to sign a striker with his quality. We are certain that he will demonstrate his goalscoring qualities with us."
Voronin has spent the past few seasons in Russia with Dinamo, where he tallied 15 goals in 63 games.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Petersen completes Werder Bremen deal Thu
- Dortmund's Gotze to miss Champions League final Wed
- Bayern completes Bundesliga season in style May 18
- Freiburg eyes first Champions League spot May 17
- Schalke's Metzelder announces retirement May 16
- Schaaf leaves Bremen by mutual consent May 15
- Bayern cruises past Augsburg May 11
- Draxler signs Schalke extension May 10
- Relegation battle takes center stage in Germany May 10
- Klasnic, Ivanschitz to depart Mainz May 9
- Rojas signs for Stuttgart May 8
- Dortmund's Weidenfeller signs extension May 6