Toronto signs Irish international O'DeaAug 3, 2012 - 3:41 PM Toronto, ON (Sports Network) - Toronto FC announced Friday that it has signed Irish international defender Darren O'Dea.
O'Dea began his career with Scottish giants Celtic but has enjoyed several loan spells in England with Reading, Ipswich Town and Leeds United. The 25- year-old has been capped for the Irish national team 14 times and most recently was included in Ireland's Euro 2012 squad.
"Darren addresses our need for an experienced, no nonsense central defender," said Toronto FC Head Coach and Director of Soccer Operations Paul Mariner. "Darren has great leadership abilities and his experience, both for club and country, will be a welcomed addition to our club and for our young players. We are so pleased to bring him to Toronto."
Per club and league policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed. O'Dea will be added to the TFC roster pending the receipt of his International Transfer Certificate.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Oduro's strike lifts Crew over TFC Sat
- Trillium Cup rivals meet up at BMO Field May 17
- Toronto acquires Convey from Sporting May 16
- Toronto lands Ben Haim on loan May 9
- 'Quakes snap winless skid behind Wondolowski's late goal May 9
- Brockie, Caldwell sign with TFC May 7
- Struggling sides TFC, San Jose tangle at Buck Shaw May 7
- Buddle opens Rapids account in TFC defeat May 4
- TFC tries for turnaround in Colorado May 3
- Cahill's late goal leads New York past TFC Apr 27
- Petke, Nelsen square off at BMO Field Apr 26
- Creavalle rescues first road point for Dynamo against TFC Apr 20