Houston officially signs midfielder ClarkAug 8, 2012 - 11:48 PM Houston, TX (Sports Network) - The Houston Dynamo completed the signing of free agent midfielder Ricardo Clark on Wednesday.
Clark, 29, previously played for Houston from 2006-09 and made 97 appearances, helping the Dynamo win back-to-back MLS Cup titles in 2006 and 2007. He joined Germany club Eintracht in 2010, but played just 15 matches.
He joined Norway's Stabaek on loan in February and was later released from his contract by Eintracht.
"We're happy to see Ricardo back on our team," Dynamo manager Dominic Kinnear said. "He's been a great player for us in the past and will be a great player when he returns.
"In my opinion, he's one of the better midfielders in (MLS) and the country. Because of that, he is a great addition to the Dynamo."
Clark has played 34 matches for the United States. He agreed to rejoin Houston last week, and the move was completed Wednesday.
Per team and league policy, terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Houston's Boswell suspended one additional game 5:52p
- Dynamo's home woes continue with Revs defeat Sat
- Houston hoping to start new unbeaten run May 17
- Dynamo's Bruin earns MLS Player of the Week honor May 13
- SKC halts Houston's historic streak May 12
- Dynamo bring historic streak into SKC clash May 11
- Bruin's brace powers Dynamo past D.C. United May 8
- D.C United, Dynamo tangle at RFK May 7
- Driver's strike lifts Houston past L.A. May 6
- Galaxy, Dynamo meet in MLS Cup rematch May 3
- Dynamo make history in draw with Rapids Apr 28
- Rapids limp into BBVA to test Dynamo Apr 26