United acquires Chabala from PortlandAug 9, 2012 - 5:23 PM Washington, D.C. (Sports Network) - D.C. United acquired defender Mike Chabala from the Portland Timbers on Thursday for a first-round pick in the 2014 MLS Supplemental Draft.
Chabala, 28, started his MLS career with the Houston Dynamo in 2006 and played 47 times for the club from 2009-11. Chabala was traded to Portland last season and made 23 appearances over parts of two seasons for the Timbers.
"We're excited to add Mike to our roster," said United general manager Dave Kasper. "Mike is an experienced MLS defender who will immediately upgrade our depth at the left back position."
Chabala has two goals and nine assists in MLS.
United also announced midfielder Kurt Morsink retired and was named the club's scouting coordinator.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Portland brings unbeaten run to L.A. 6:33p
- Portland tops FCD to extend unbeaten run Sat
- Portland tests unbeaten run against FC Dallas Fri
- Paladini helps Fire rally for draw with Timbers Jun 8
- Revs held to draw by United Jun 8
- Fire, Timbers square off at Toyota Park Jun 7
- Revs hope to continue roll against D.C. Jun 7
- DCU acquires Rochat from Vancouver Jun 6
- Fire top D.C. United at Toyota Park Jun 2
- Struggling Chicago, DCU square off at Toyota Park May 31
- Portland doubles up on D.C. United May 25
- Portland, DCU bring respective streaks to RFK May 24