RKC Waalwijk edges PSV EindhovenAug 11, 2012 - 8:40 PM Waalwijk, Netherlands (Sports Network) - Rodney Sneijder scored a brace as RKC Waalwijk edged PSV Eindhoven, 3-2, on Saturday at Mandemakers Stadion in their 2012-13 Eredivisie opener.
Jeremain Lens opened the scoring for PSV Eindhoven, but an own goal by Wilfred Bouma canceled out the early strike, and Sneijder added a brace with a goal on each side of halftime.
Tim Matavz brought PSV within a goal in the 72nd minute, but even a red card to Guy Ramos of RKC eight minutes from time was not enough to help PSV steal a point with a draw.
Sanharib Malki scored in the 58th minute as 10-man Roda opened with a 1-1 draw against newly-promoted Zwolle at Parkstad Limburg Stadion, and Brian Lenssen scored just before halftime as Venlo tied Heracles, 1-1, at Polman Stadion.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Cocu takes charge at PSV May 13
- Ajax caps title-winning season in style May 12
- Ajax routs Willem II to clinch Eredivisie title May 5
- Pelle's brace powers Feyenoord over Heracles Apr 28
- PSV rolls over Groningen Apr 27
- Feyenoord tops Vitesse to climb to third Apr 21
- Heracles cruises past RKC Waalwijk Apr 20
- Boerrigter sends Ajax five points clear Apr 14
- Vitesse throws away three-goal lead against Roda Apr 13
- Ajax goalkeeper Vermeer hit with two-match ban Apr 8
- Ajax maintains Eredivisie lead Apr 7
- Vitesse, PSV keep pressure on Ajax Apr 6