RKC Waalwijk edges PSV EindhovenAug 11, 2012 - 8:40 PM Waalwijk, Netherlands (Sports Network) - Rodney Sneijder scored a brace as RKC Waalwijk edged PSV Eindhoven, 3-2, on Saturday at Mandemakers Stadion in their 2012-13 Eredivisie opener.
Jeremain Lens opened the scoring for PSV Eindhoven, but an own goal by Wilfred Bouma canceled out the early strike, and Sneijder added a brace with a goal on each side of halftime.
Tim Matavz brought PSV within a goal in the 72nd minute, but even a red card to Guy Ramos of RKC eight minutes from time was not enough to help PSV steal a point with a draw.
Sanharib Malki scored in the 58th minute as 10-man Roda opened with a 1-1 draw against newly-promoted Zwolle at Parkstad Limburg Stadion, and Brian Lenssen scored just before halftime as Venlo tied Heracles, 1-1, at Polman Stadion.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Go Ahead Eagles brush aside Zwolle Sun
- Klaassen's hat trick helps Ajax roll over NAC Sat
- Vitesse eases past Cambuur Dec 1
- Late surge helps Groningen draw NAC Nov 30
- Piazon's brace propels Vitesse past Go Ahead Eagles Nov 24
- Ajax takes over top spot in Eredivisie Nov 23
- Johansson helps AZ earn point at Feyenoord Nov 10
- Vitesse tops Utrecht with late surge Nov 9
- Feyenoord tops Cambuur to move into top four Nov 3
- AZ Alkmaar goes top with Den Haag defeat Nov 2
- AZ Alkmaar moves up with Zwolle defeat Oct 27
- NAC rolls over Go Ahead Eagles Oct 26