PSG held by Ajaccio in bizarre affairAug 19, 2012 - 9:23 PM Ajaccio, France (Sports Network) - Free-spending PSG is still searching for its first league win of the season after it was held to a 0-0 draw by Ajaccio in an eventful affair at the Stade Francois Coty on Sunday.
While no goals were scored, the match was not devoid of talking points.
Ezequiel Lavezzi, who joined the club during the summer transfer window from Italian side Napoli, was issued a straight red card in the 59th minute for a rash challenge on Ajaccio's Benjamin Andre.
Carlo Ancelotti, PSG's manager, was banished to the stands as well when he kicked a water bottle onto the pitch.
And with both sides pushing for a dramatic winner late in the game, proceedings were brought to a halt in stoppage time when the stadium experienced a power outage. Play ultimately resumed and the match finished scoreless.
After opening the new Ligue 1 campaign with a 2-2 draw against Lorient, PSG has taken two points from two games.
Ajaccio has claimed four points from its two games after its 1-0 defeat of Nice last time out.
Marseille 2, Sochaux 0
Marseille, France - Marseille continued to roll in Ligue 1 play by grabbing a 2-0 win over Sochaux at the Stade Velodrome on Sunday.
Andre-Pierre Gignac opened the scoring in the 54th minute while Rod Fanni bagged an insurance goal in second-half stoppage time.
Marseille has taken six points from its two games and has yet to concede a goal.
Bordeaux 1, Rennes 0
Bordeaux, France - Bordeaux maintained its perfect start to the Ligue 1 season by edging Rennes, 1-0, at the Stade Chaban-Delmas on Sunday.
The home side was made to wait until the 75th minute for the telling goal as Ludovic Obraniak scored to make it two wins from two for Bordeaux.
Rennes has lost both of its league matches this season and has yet to produce a goal.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Late goal helps Toulouse draw Lyon 5:27p
- Fernandez leaves Montpellier 12:18p
- Evian hands PSG first defeat of season Wed
- Marseille's Valbuena could miss six weeks Wed
- Roux's late strike helps Lille down Marseille Tue
- Ibrahimovic leads PSG in rout of Lyon Sun
- Yedder's hat trick pushes Toulouse past Sochaux Sat
- Marseille eases past Montpellier Nov 29
- Ayew to miss two months after knee surgery Nov 25
- PSG rolls over Reims Nov 23
- Marseille eases past Ajaccio Nov 22
- Nantes slows streaking Bordeaux Nov 10