Lyon's Gourcuff sidelined by knee injuryAug 20, 2012 - 4:48 PM Lyon, France (Sports Network) - Lyon midfielder Yoann Gourcuff is set to miss an extended period of time after it was confirmed on Monday that he sprained his right knee and also suffered damage to his medial collateral ligament.
Gourcuff left his team's match with Troyes on Saturday after only 12 minutes, and the club released a statement on Monday detailing the problem.
"Yoann Gourcuff underwent an MRI on Monday morning which revealed a sprained right knee with an injury to his medial collateral ligament," the statement said.
"He is expected to spend between six weeks and three months out, depending on how the injury responds."
The 26-year-old was limited to 13 Ligue 1 appearances last term because of injury issues, and now after starting the season with a goal in his opening match, Gourcuff will be spending more time on the sidelines.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Lyon, Nice exchange second-half goals in Ligue 1 draw Sun
- Beckham marks final home match with victory Sat
- Beckham set to play final home match with PSG Fri
- Beckham to retire at season's end Thu
- PSG tops Lyon to clinch Ligue 1 title May 12
- Marseille tops Toulouse to preserve title race May 11
- Marseille aims to delay PSG coronation May 10
- Alex rescues draw for PSG against Valenciennes May 5
- Gignac's brace sinks Bastia May 4
- PSG on the cusp of Ligue 1 title May 3
- Bans handed out after PSG-Evian tussle May 3
- Nine-man PSG holds off Evian Apr 28