Lyon's Gourcuff sidelined by knee injuryAug 20, 2012 - 4:48 PM Lyon, France (Sports Network) - Lyon midfielder Yoann Gourcuff is set to miss an extended period of time after it was confirmed on Monday that he sprained his right knee and also suffered damage to his medial collateral ligament.
Gourcuff left his team's match with Troyes on Saturday after only 12 minutes, and the club released a statement on Monday detailing the problem.
"Yoann Gourcuff underwent an MRI on Monday morning which revealed a sprained right knee with an injury to his medial collateral ligament," the statement said.
"He is expected to spend between six weeks and three months out, depending on how the injury responds."
The 26-year-old was limited to 13 Ligue 1 appearances last term because of injury issues, and now after starting the season with a goal in his opening match, Gourcuff will be spending more time on the sidelines.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Lyon rebounds against Bastia 5:03p
- PSG bounces back to thump Sochaux Sat
- Bedoya sends Nantes past Marseille Fri
- Late goal helps Toulouse draw Lyon Thu
- Fernandez leaves Montpellier Thu
- Evian hands PSG first defeat of season Wed
- Marseille's Valbuena could miss six weeks Wed
- Roux's late strike helps Lille down Marseille Tue
- Ibrahimovic leads PSG in rout of Lyon Dec 1
- Yedder's hat trick pushes Toulouse past Sochaux Nov 30
- Marseille eases past Montpellier Nov 29
- Ayew to miss two months after knee surgery Nov 25