Tottenham signs Adebayor from CityAug 21, 2012 - 5:52 PM London, England (Sports Network) - Tottenham signed forward Emmanuel Adebayor from Manchester City on Tuesday.
Adebayor, 28, joined Tottenham on loan from City last season and had 18 goals in 37 games. In 224 Premier League games for Arsenal, City and Tottenham, the Togo international has 99 goals.
"I am pleased to be signing for Spurs on a permanent basis after finally agreeing my departure with Manchester City," Adebayor said. "It may have taken longer than expected but I am delighted to be back at Tottenham Hotspur.
"I really enjoyed my time here last season and I am hoping we can achieve great things together again."
Capped 51 times for Togo, Adebayor started his career with Metz in France, and has also played at Monaco and Real Madrid.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Allardyce doesn't want great expectations 7:48a
- Wigan will bounce back to EPL: Martinez 6:41a
- Fired Mancini thanks Man City fans 6:23a
- Giggs backs Moyes ManUtd coach appointment 2:56a
- Fergie set for final goodbye at West Brom Fri
- Wenger happy to control Arsenal's destiny Fri
- EPL to bid farewell to Ferguson, Carragher Fri
- Arsenal hopes to secure Champions League berth Fri
- Pig's head left in Stoke City locker Fri
- Villa Park in line for third-place playoff Fri
- Farewells highlight EPL's final day Thu
- Chelsea set for huge spending spree Thu