Roddick outlasts Muller in Atlanta finalJul 22, 2012 - 9:50 PM Atlanta, GA (Sports Network) - Fourth-seeded American Andy Roddick rallied for a three-set win over Luxembourg's Gilles Muller to capture the title at the Atlanta Open tennis event.
Roddick claimed a 1-6, 7-6 (7-2), 6-2 victory on Sunday for his second title of the year and 32nd of his career. He also won in Eastbourne prior to Wimbledon.
Muller, who appeared in his first final since 2005, swatted 20 aces to Roddick's 18 but also committed 10 double faults. He fell to 0-3 all-time finals.
Roddick improved to 4-1 lifetime against Muller and collected a first prize of $86,270.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Nadal captures 7th Rome title in rout of Federer 2:44p
- Nadal captures 7th Rome title in rout of Federer 2:43p
- Berankis knocks off Istomin in Nice opener 1:33p
- Rosol falls in Dusseldorf opener 11:04a
- Serena extends career-best run, wins Rome title 10:29a
- Serena extends career-best run, wins Rome title 10:28a
- Nadal to meet Federer in blockbuster Rome final Sat
- Serena continues roll into Rome final, Azarenka next Sat
- Berdych stuns Djokovic; Federer, Nadal reach semis in Rome Fri
- Serena, Azarenka reach semis; Sharapova pulls out in Rome Fri
- At the Net: One to watch: Benoit Paire Fri
- Serena cruises into semis; Sharapova pulls out in Rome Fri