- Member Since:
- Apr '12
- WYG? Ranking:
- 9th place
- About Me:
- ...I am a hockey freak, ..period. Other than the pointless & useless "fighting" in hockey. I am "in-man-luv" w/Hockey". As a kid/young adult, I really liked the fights. But now I can see fighting is useless & pointless. The goon on goon is pathetic. The National Hockey League brass say they want to stop hits to the head causing "concussions". The last time I checked, fighting is punches to the head. Hey NHL BR-ASS-HOLES"? You are no good for nothing "lying BS artists"! Your concern for the players is pure "BS"! The "real hockey fan" will attend and watch the game with out the fights.
Football is a close 2nd, followed in the distance by Baseball & Basketball. PEACE!
- Favorite Jersey Number:
- #4 Bobby Orr who is truly the best player in all of the NHL, ...ever!
- New Bedford, MA.
- Current Town:
- New Bedford, MA. & Orlando, FL.
- Favorite Teams:
- Boston Bruins#1, New England Patriots-New York Giants.
Boston Celts, Boston Red Sox. .........I am also the "BEST" woman watcher on Gods Eden Earth!...lol. They are Gods greatest creation of all. ;-)... .
- Favorite Sports Quotes/Cliches:
- Beats a blank...(no shut-out)
- Favorite Sports Movies:
- The 1st & 2nd-Rocky movies. Those #3, #4, #5, and etc's Rocky movies were awful, ....period. ...The writers of 3, 4, 5, & etc's, .......they had to be very punch drunk & or comatose after the Rocky 1 & 2. ;-)
- Favorite Sports Moment:
- At the Boston Garden Bobby Orr from a give & go feed from, Derek "Turk" Sanderson from behind the net. Orr scored the winning goal and the Stanley Cup. Noel Picard tripped Orr sending him soaring through the air in that famus pic in gm#4 vs St. Louis Blues.
At the Boston Garden in the mid-1980's. The Philadelphia 76ers were beating the Boston Celtics at the end of game 6. Down by too many points, the Boston Garden "FANS" with about a minute or two left on the clock in the 4th quarter during a time out. All of the Celtic fans began chanting to the 76ers players, ...."BEAT LA, ...BEAT LA, ...BEAT LA.,...BEAT LA.!!! ..What big smiles came on Dr. "J" & the rest of the 76'er players. The 76ers did what the Boston Celtic FANS asked for. The 76er's went on to beat the LALakers in the NBA's finals. Thank you very much "Dr J & the rest of the 76er players ;-)... .
.And.........last but not least...
In February of 1980 my sport of HOCKEY took center stage. A bunch of collage kids 18 thru 21 yrs old's & a smart psychological coach "WON" the Olympic Gold-Metal vs the Soviet Union who all were actually PROS. It was called "The Miracle On Ice". That was the Sweeeeeetest game I have ever seen for obvious reason(s)!!!
- Favorite Athletes:
- #4-Bobby Orr who is truly the best Hockey player I have ever seen and is the best hockey player so far to date. He is my time favorite sports figure/player. Perfection is all his. Others I admire are, ....Jim Thorpe, ....Terry O'reilly., ....Barry Sanders, ...Moham'd .Ali, .....Kobe Bryant, ...Bill. Russel, ...and a few others*.........
- Players You Love to Hate:
- Hate is really not in my heart w/a sports figure. Its more a dislike with their ego's. All they are doing is playing a boys game & getting way over paid.
- Best Game You've Attended:
- All of the Boston Bruins vs the Montreal Canadians games from the late 1960's/1970's to the present. GO BRUINS! GO NHL!
YourAverageSportsFan Awesome insight in your "about me" section. Fighting is stupid, the NHL execs just want MONEY! The fans don't want fighting, they want 2011-2012 all over again! The execs say "well, the game's too dangerous, we'll outlaw checking and force the players to wear visors against their own will and tout our propaganda on the NHL Network as 'Breaking News'". Not that I'm against visors, it's just that the NHL is saying that "fights don't hurt people, checking does". It's just like (pardon me if you're a left-winger) Obama saying that "guns kill people, not the loonies with them". C'MON! LEFT WING VERSION(don't want to get you p***ed off):It's like the NRA saying that "guns don't kill people, the goons wIth them do it". Note: This site isn't about politics, I know that. I'm just comparing some things in the news to the things in the NHL. Pardon me.
- May 24 10:56 PM
KingHockeyMan Yes, I get what you mean about the politics examples. Good for yuou. You know. It is even deeper than that. Fighting is the money maker in the eyes of the NHL br-ass-holes minds. They are so wromg. Hockey does not need fans who just watch a games here & there & really watch the news because those sports anchors feed them the fights. The sportsTV color guys also say they like the fights for a few reason but one imparticular one, their jobs. The NHL will bitch & say they are not "playing ball" on their side. Most parents want fighting out of hockey. Kids luv it like I did. It is so simple to take away the fights. Those NHL br-ass-holes are idiots feeling if its not broken don't fix it. It is broken they are just blind fools. Cya & take care ;-)... .
- May 24 11:54 PM