Mystics top Liberty to snap road losing streakJul 13, 2012 - 5:26 PM Newark, NJ (Sports Network) - Crystal Langhorne dropped in a game-high 24 points to lead the Washington Mystics past the New York Liberty, 70-53, in the final game for each team before the Olympic break.
Monique Currie added 16 points for the Mystics, who snapped a 16-game road losing streak. It was Washington's first win on the road since July 17, 2011.
Cappie Pondexter was the only member of the Liberty to score in double digits with 22 points as New York dropped its third straight game.
The Liberty held a 17-16 edge at the end of the first quarter, but Washington shot 40.0 percent from the floor in the second while holding New York to just 20.0 percent shooting to run out to a 36-27 lead at the break.
The Liberty never threatened in the second half, trailing by at least eight points and by as many as 18 as the Mystics rolled to the victory.
- WASHINGTON: 70
NEW YORK: 53
Jul 13 1:03 PM
- WASHINGTON: 36
NEW YORK: 27
Jul 13 11:59 AM
- WASHINGTON: 0
NEW YORK: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Jul 13 11:11 AM
- Dream down Mystics in Game 3, advance to East finals Sep 23
- McCoughtry, Dream top Mystics Sep 22
- Latta, Mystics down Dream in Game 1 Sep 20
- Moore, Latta named WNBA Players of the Week Sep 16
- Hill, Mystics down Liberty Sep 15
- Catchings, Fever hold off Liberty Sep 13
- Mystics sink club-record 12 threes in rout of Sun Sep 13
- Mercury upend Liberty behind Bonner's outside shooting Sep 10
- Mystics edge Fever, clinch playoff berth Sep 10
- Delle Donne powers Sky past Mystics Sep 8
- McCoughtry guides Dream over Liberty Sep 6
- White helps Sun end skid Sep 6