Minnesota prevails in overtimeAug 29, 2012 - 2:21 AM Minneapolis, MN (Sports Network) - After watching a six-point lead disappear in the final three minutes of regulation, the Minnesota Lynx recovered in overtime to beat the San Antonio Silver Stars, 96-84.
All five Minnesota starters scored in double digits, with Seimone Augustus and Taj McWilliams-Franklin leading the way with 19 apiece. Rebekkah Brunson added 17 points and a game-high 20 rebounds, while Lindsay Whalen had 15 points and eight assists and Maya Moore dropped in 14.
Sophia Young and Jia Perkins led San Antonio with 19 points, as the Silver Stars lost two out of their last three games on the heels of a 12-game winning streak.
San Antonio grabbed a two-point lead in the last two minutes, but Moore knocked down a jumper with 1:07 remaining to send the game to overtime tied at 79.
Minnesota cruised in the extra session, opening up a lead as large as 14 and outscoring San Antonio 17-5 en route to its seventh straight win.
- SAN ANTONIO: 84
Final - OT
Aug 28 10:07 PM
- SAN ANTONIO: 36
Aug 28 8:53 PM
- SAN ANTONIO: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Aug 28 8:10 PM
- Lynx win second WNBA title in three years Oct 11
- Minnesota's Moore wins WNBA Finals MVP Oct 11
- Augustus, Lynx take 2-0 lead over Dream Oct 8
- Lynx rout Dream in Game 1 of WNBA Finals Oct 7
- Lynx sweep Mercury, return to WNBA Finals Sep 29
- Whalen, Lynx rout Mercury to take 1-0 lead in West finals Sep 27
- Augustus helps Lynx sweep Storm Sep 22
- Lynx pull away, top Storm in Game 1 Sep 20
- Fowles, Moore repeat as WNBA Players of Month Sep 17
- Moore, Latta named WNBA Players of the Week Sep 16
- Adams leads Silver Stars in rout of Dream Sep 15
- Lynx down Sky to secure home-court advantage in playoffs Sep 14