Sky's Prince out with fractured footJun 18, 2012 - 11:39 PM Chicago, IL (Sports Network) - Chicago Sky guard Epiphanny Prince will miss around six to eight weeks with a Jones fracture in her right foot, the team said Monday.
Prince, who leads the team in scoring at 22.3 points per game, was injured in the first quarter of Saturday's loss at Indiana. A Jones fracture occurs on the outside of the foot above the little toe.
Prior to the injury, Prince was leading the WNBA in scoring and had won two straight Player of the Week awards.
Head coach and general manager Pokey Chatman called the injury disappointing but said the veteran Sky team is resilient and will keep going until Prince comes back.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Fever cruise past Sky, return to conference finals Sep 22
- Fever beat top-seeded Sky to open playoffs Sep 20
- Fowles, Moore repeat as WNBA Players of Month Sep 17
- Lynx down Sky to secure home-court advantage in playoffs Sep 14
- Sky rally late to down Dream Sep 13
- Sky beat Mercury on Delle Donne's buzzer-beater Sep 11
- Delle Donne powers Sky past Mystics Sep 8
- January guides Fever past Sky Sep 6
- Fowles, Moore pick up WNBA monthly honors Sep 4
- Three-peat for Delle Donne as WNBA's Rookie of the Month Sep 4
- Sky clinch top seed in East Aug 31
- Delle Donne, Moore named WNBA Players of the Week Aug 26