Mercury's Dupree undergoes surgeryJul 24, 2012 - 5:37 PM Phoenix, AZ (Sports Network) - Phoenix Mercury forward Candice Dupree underwent successful arthroscopic surgery on her left knee Tuesday.
The procedure was performed by Dr. Evan Lederman in Phoenix and she is expected to need 6-8 weeks to recover.
Dupree sustained the injury in a June 17 game against the Tulsa Shock and missed the next six games, snapping a streak of 151 consecutive starts.
She returned for a game on July 7, but was limited to just nine minutes off the bench and the team decided to perform the surgery during the WNBA's month- long Olympic hiatus.
Dupree is the Mercury's second-leading scorer with 14.8 points per game while adding 5.2 rebounds and 1.4 assists through 10 contests this season.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Mercury win No. 1 pick Sep 26
- Storm down Mercury in regular-season finale Sep 23
- Moore shines as Lynx maul Mercury Sep 22
- Mercury's Dupree signs extension Sep 21
- Sparks rout Mercury, clinch West's No. 2 seed Sep 19
- Sky rout Mercury Sep 16
- Shock rally in fourth quarter to down Mercury Sep 15
- Sun rout Mercury Sep 13
- Douglas leads Fever past Mercury Sep 9
- Bonner powers Mercury to win over Sun Sep 7
- Liberty thump Mercury Sep 5
- Taurasi leads Mercury past Silver Stars Sep 2