Bluebombers send Alouettes to sixth straight lossSep 25, 2006 - 4:11 AM MONTREAL (Ticker) -- Charles Roberts rushed for 156 yards and Troy Westwood kicked three field goals as the Winnipeg Bluebombers posted a 17-14 victory over the Montreal Alouettes.
Kevin Glenn completed 24-of-39 passes for 298 yards for the Bluebombers (7-7), who pulled within one-half game of first place in the East Division.
Roberts had 19 carries and his one-yard touchdown run was one of three scores which put Winnipeg up, 14-4, at the half.
Westwood's third field goal with 4:26 left provided the winning margin for the Bluebombers, who outgained the Alouettes, 477-287.
Anthony Calvillo completed 14-of-28 passes for 169 yards for Montreal (7-6), which has lost six straight games. Robert Edwards rushed for 67 yards on 11 carries and a touchdown as the Alouettes fell into a first-place tie with the Toronto Argonauts.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Calgary comes calling on Montreal Jul 1
- Bombers tangle with Tiger-Cats Jul 1
- Harris, Fuller, Willy named top performers for Week 1 Jun 30
- Sam returns to CFL's Alouettes after absence Jun 29
- Blue Bombers down Roughriders Jun 27
- RedBlacks clip Alouettes in CFL opener Jun 25
- Roughriders host Blue Bombers to open new season Jun 24
- Alouettes and RedBlacks kick off 2015 campaign Jun 24
- Alouettes place Michael Sam on suspended list Jun 15
- Sam leaves Alouettes camp for personal reasons Jun 12
- Sam signs two-year deal with CFL's Alouettes May 22
- Blue Bombers extend QB Willy May 1