Roughriders snap Lions seven-game winning streakSep 25, 2006 - 3:09 AM REGINA, Saskatchewan (Ticker) -- Kerry Joseph threw a 12-yard touchdown pass to Andrew Fantuz in overtime, giving the Saskatchewan Roughriders a 23-20 victory over the British Columbia Lions.
The Lions forced overtime on a seven-yard TD pass from backup Buck Pierce to Jason Clermont late in the fourth quarter to tie the game at 17-17.
Paul McCallum booted a 36-yard field goal in overtime to give British Columbia a 20-17 lead before Saskatchewan scored the winning touchdown.
Joseph completed 21-of-36 passes for 247 yards and Kenton Keith rushed for 110 yards on 13 carries, as the Roughriders (7-6) improved to 6-1 in their last seven home games and snapped the Lions' seven-game winning streak.
Starting quarterback Dave Dickenson completed 17-of-26 attempts for just 92 yards for British Columbia (9-4), which dropped to 1-3 against Saskatchewan this season.
Pierce completed 6-of-9 passes for 52 yards and two touchdowns.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Argos and Riders square off in Week 2 action Jul 1
- Blue Bombers down Roughriders Jun 27
- Roughriders host Blue Bombers to open new season Jun 24
- Riders keep WR Dressler with 4-year extension Jan 30
- Riders pick up Watson from Bombers Jan 29
- Roughriders sign Jamel Richardson Dec 22
- Lions introduce Tedford as new head coach Dec 19
- Lions part ways with coach Benevides Nov 20
- Eskimos defeat Roughriders to reach Western final Nov 16
- Montreal crushes BC in division semifinal Nov 16
- Western Division Semifinal pits Riders against Eskimos Nov 12
- Lions visit Alouettes in Eastern Division Semifinal Nov 12