Lions clinch playoff berth with win over Tiger-CatsSep 30, 2006 - 11:53 PM HAMILTON, Ontario (Ticker) -- The BC Lions are headed back to a familiar place - the playoffs.
Jarious Jackson came off the bench to throw for two second-half touchdowns as the Lions clinched their 10th straight postseason berth with a 28-8 victory over the Hamilton Tiger-Cats.
Already without starting quarterback Dave Dickenson, the Lions (10-4) lost backup Buck Pierce to an arm injury late in the second quarter.
However, Jackson stepped in and threw a four-yard touchdown pass to Geroy Simon with 9:02 left in the third quarter to give the Lions a 21-7 lead. He capped the scoring with a seven-yard connection to Kendrick Jones on the final play of the third quarter.
Pierce threw TD passes of 18 yards to Gilles Colon and 16 yards to Paris Jackson in the first half before leaving.
Jason Maas scored on a one-yard run in the third quarter for Hamilton (4-12), which was eliminated from playoff contention.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Bombers tangle with Tiger-Cats Jul 1
- Paredes lifts Stamps past Tiger-Cats in Grey Cup rematch Jun 27
- Hamilton and Calgary meet in Grey Cup rematch Jun 24
- Tiger-Cats re-sign RB Grigsby Feb 24
- Tiger-Cats re-sign Brandon Banks Feb 5
- Tiger-Cats re-sign WR Tasker Jan 29
- Lions introduce Tedford as new head coach Dec 19
- CFL's Stampeders win 7th Grey Cup title Nov 30
- Hamilton and Calgary meet in 102nd Grey Cup Nov 26
- Mitchell, Cornish among CFL weekly winners Nov 25
- Banks propels Ticats into Grey Cup Nov 23
- Lions part ways with coach Benevides Nov 20