Pierce, BC clinch home-field with win over StampedersOct 7, 2006 - 7:15 AM VANCOUVER, British Columbia (Ticker) -- The BC Lions keep on rolling.
Buck Pierce passed for 297 yards as the Lions clinched home-field advantage throughout the playoffs with a 39-13 triumph over the Calgary Stampeders.
Geroy Simon finished with 120 yards and a touchdown on eight catches for BC (11-4), which has won nine of its last 10 games.
Pierce completed 25-of-31 passes and a touchdown with one interception. He also rushed five times for 33 yards, including a three-yard scoring run in the first quarter which gave the Lions a 7-0 lead.
Simon hauled in a four-yard TD from Pierce in the second quarter which gave the Lions a 14-0 lead. Lions running back Joe Smith rushed 14 times for 55 yards and scored on TD runs of one and two yards.
Henry Burris completed only 8-of-21 attempts for 129 yards and threw three interceptions for Calgary (9-7), which got a one-yard touchdown run by Joffrey Reynolds in the fourth quarter.
Reynolds rushed 10 time for 30 yards.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Calgary comes calling on Montreal Jul 1
- Harris, Fuller, Willy named top performers for Week 1 Jun 30
- Paredes lifts Stamps past Tiger-Cats in Grey Cup rematch Jun 27
- Hamilton and Calgary meet in Grey Cup rematch Jun 24
- Stampeders QB Mitchell signs through 2018 Mar 3
- Stampeders' Hufnagel named top CFL coach Jan 21
- Stampeders sign Wall to extension Jan 20
- Stampeders sign Tate to extension Jan 19
- Lions introduce Tedford as new head coach Dec 19
- CFL's Stampeders win 7th Grey Cup title Nov 30
- Hamilton and Calgary meet in 102nd Grey Cup Nov 26
- Mitchell, Cornish among CFL weekly winners Nov 25