McClendon's big day lifts Eskimos past AlouettesOct 21, 2006 - 11:16 PM MONTREAL (Ticker) -- Ron McClendon rushed for 198 yards and a touchdown as the Edmonton Eskimos recorded a 30-20 triumph over the Montreal Alouettes.
McClendon carried 25 times, including a two-yard TD run early in the second quarter to give Edmonton a 14-3 lead. He had 13 rushes for 97 yards in the first half as the Eskimos (6-11) built a 22-6 advantage.
Edmonton's Ricky Ray was efficient, completing 16-of-20 passes for 152 yards without a turnover. He also had a one-yard touchdown plunge that opened the scoring in the first quarter.
Montreal's Anthony Calvillo was forced to throw 50 times, completing 28 for 342 yards. He threw two touchdowns in the second half when the outcome was already decided.
Kerry Watkins caught seven passes for 114 yards and a touchdown and O'Neill Wilson finished with six receptions for 49 yards for the Alouettes (9-8), who still can clinch the East Division title with a road victory against Toronto (10-7) next week.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Calgary comes calling on Montreal Jul 1
- Sam returns to CFL's Alouettes after absence Jun 29
- Argos cruise to season-opening win behind Harris Jun 27
- RedBlacks clip Alouettes in CFL opener Jun 25
- Eskimos and Argonauts square off in season opener Jun 24
- Alouettes and RedBlacks kick off 2015 campaign Jun 24
- Alouettes place Michael Sam on suspended list Jun 15
- Sam leaves Alouettes camp for personal reasons Jun 12
- Sam signs two-year deal with CFL's Alouettes May 22
- Eskimos QB White retires Mar 19
- Alouettes add Lewis, LeFevour Feb 25
- Ex-NFL QB Skelton signs with Alouettes Feb 6