Glenn's three touchdown passes lift Blue Bombers over StampedersOct 22, 2006 - 5:33 AM WINNIPEG, Manitoba (Ticker) -- Kevin Glenn threw three touchdown passes to lead the Winnipeg Blue Bombers to a 28-13 triumph over the Calgary Stampeders.
After connecting with Chris Brazzell on a 12-yard touchdown pass in the second quarter, Glenn passed for two more touchdowns in the third quarter to help the Blue Bombers (9-8) pull away.
Glenn first hooked up with Milt Stegall on a 10-yard scoring strike 4:08 into the quarter, which gave Winnipeg a 14-10 lead. He then threw a 10-yard scoring pass to Derick Armstrong to make it 21-10.
Glenn completed 17-of-28 passes for 201 yards with no interceptions while Charles Roberts rushed 27 times for 151 yards.
Calgary's Henry Burris completed 15-of-30 passes for 155 yards, a touchdown and an interception for the Stampeders (10-8). Joffrey Reynolds rushed 15 times for 74 yards
Burris' touchdown throw came in the first quarter when he hit Jeremaine Copeland with a four-yard pass early in the first quarter.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Calgary comes calling on Montreal Jul 1
- Bombers tangle with Tiger-Cats Jul 1
- Harris, Fuller, Willy named top performers for Week 1 Jun 30
- Blue Bombers down Roughriders Jun 27
- Paredes lifts Stamps past Tiger-Cats in Grey Cup rematch Jun 27
- Roughriders host Blue Bombers to open new season Jun 24
- Hamilton and Calgary meet in Grey Cup rematch Jun 24
- Blue Bombers extend QB Willy May 1
- Owners of Bombers' stadium suing architect, builder Mar 4
- Stampeders QB Mitchell signs through 2018 Mar 3
- Bombers bring back Brohm Feb 17
- Bombers' Renaud calls it a career Feb 5