Third-quarter explosion lifts Lions over Tiger-CatsOct 22, 2006 - 6:39 AM VANCOUVER, British Columbia (Ticker) -- Mark Washington returned an interception 40 yards for a touchdown to highlight a 20-point third quarter that carried the BC Lions to a 23-17 victory over the Hamilton Tiger-Cats.
Trailing, 10-3, the Lions took the game over in the third quarter. After Paul McCallum kicked an 18-yard field goal, Washington's interception return gave the Lions a 13-10 lead.
The Lions (12-5) upped their lead to 20-10 when Joe Smith scored on a one-yard touchdown run and McCallum added a 28-yard field goal as time expired in the third quarter.
Smith rushed 10 times for 49 yards while Dave Dickenson completed 11-of-15 passes for 152 yards.
Hamilton quarterback Kevin Eakin completed 10-of-20 passes for 148 yards, a touchdown and two interceptions. Eakin threw a 14-yard touchdown pass to Terry Vaughn in the first quarter.
The Tiger-Cats slipped to 4-14.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Bombers tangle with Tiger-Cats Jul 1
- Paredes lifts Stamps past Tiger-Cats in Grey Cup rematch Jun 27
- Hamilton and Calgary meet in Grey Cup rematch Jun 24
- Tiger-Cats re-sign RB Grigsby Feb 24
- Tiger-Cats re-sign Brandon Banks Feb 5
- Tiger-Cats re-sign WR Tasker Jan 29
- Lions introduce Tedford as new head coach Dec 19
- CFL's Stampeders win 7th Grey Cup title Nov 30
- Hamilton and Calgary meet in 102nd Grey Cup Nov 26
- Mitchell, Cornish among CFL weekly winners Nov 25
- Banks propels Ticats into Grey Cup Nov 23
- Lions part ways with coach Benevides Nov 20