Dickenson, B.C. Lions advance to Grey CupNov 13, 2006 - 12:45 AM VANCOUVER, British Columbia (Ticker) -- Dave Dickenson and the B.C. Lions earned a trip back to the Grey Cup for the second time in three years, and they did it in convincing fashion.
Dickenson threw three touchdown passes to lift the Lions to a 45-18 rout of the Saskatchewan Roughriders to advance to next Sunday's Grey Cup game against the East Division champion Montreal Alouettes.
BC also got a huge measure of revenge against Saskatchewan, which defeated the Lions in three of four meetings this season.
With the score tied, 3-3, after one quarter, the Lions pulled away by outscoring the Roughriders, 26-1, in the second period.
Dickenson connected on scoring strikes of one and 35 yards to Jarious Jackson and a five-yard TD pass to running back Joe Smith in the decisive period.
Dickenson finished with 45 yards on five rushes while Smith, who ran for a third-quarter touchdown, finished with 116 yards on 19 carries.
Roughriders quarterback Kerry Joseph completed 15-of-23 passes for 210 yards and rushed seven times for 46 yards.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Argos and Riders square off in Week 2 action Jul 1
- Blue Bombers down Roughriders Jun 27
- Roughriders host Blue Bombers to open new season Jun 24
- Riders keep WR Dressler with 4-year extension Jan 30
- Riders pick up Watson from Bombers Jan 29
- Roughriders sign Jamel Richardson Dec 22
- Lions introduce Tedford as new head coach Dec 19
- Lions part ways with coach Benevides Nov 20
- Eskimos defeat Roughriders to reach Western final Nov 16
- Montreal crushes BC in division semifinal Nov 16
- Western Division Semifinal pits Riders against Eskimos Nov 12
- Lions visit Alouettes in Eastern Division Semifinal Nov 12