Olivo's blast lifts Mariners over RaysJun 6, 2011 - 1:08 AM
"It's really tough, I let the team down, it's on me. (If I) go out there and do the job we probably have a chance to win, but I didn't, so it's on me," said Peralta.
Greg Halman's two-run triple in the seventh gave Seattle a 5-3 lead, but the Rays plated three off Jamey Wright (2-2) in the eighth to go in front.
The Mariners rallied for a run against J.P. Howell (0-1) in the bottom half before Olivo's blast provided the difference for the Mariners' sixth straight series win.
Halman had three hits in his 2011 debut and Ichiro Suzuki added a two-run triple for Seattle, which concluded a successful 7-3 homestand.
Ben Zobrist and Kelly Shoppach each recorded two hits and drove in a run for Tampa Bay, which has dropped four of five overall.
Both starters lasted seven innings but did not factor in the decision. Erik Bedard gave up three runs on eight hits while striking out seven for Seattle, while Wade Davis was charged with five runs on as many hits in his outing.
Davis was on the mound when Halman tripled in Adam Kennedy and Carlos Peguero in the seventh, but was in line for the victory after the Rays rallied in the eighth.
Zobrist and Matt Joyce each posted run-scoring doubles, and the latter scored the go-ahead run on Evan Longoria's pinch-hit single to right.
Seattle responded in its half, as Justin Smoak worked a one-out walk and Jack Cust beat the shift with a single to left. Kennedy's base hit to right tied it, and Olivo greeted Peralta with his third homer in as many games.
"He's a big-game player. He's had a lot of big hits in his career," said Mariners manager Eric Wedge about Olivo. "He wants to be up there in those situations and that's half the battle."
Brandon League hurled a 1-2-3 ninth to lock down his 16th save of the year.
The Rays went on top 3-0 after Shoppach doubled in a run in the second and B.J. Upton and Felipe Lopez each drove one in and inning later.
Suzuki broke out of an 0-fot-16 slump in Seattle's half of the third, tripling in a pair before scoring on Brendan Ryan's sacrifice squeeze bunt.
Halman played in nine games for the Mariners last year...Longoria did not start due to an injury to his left side...The Rays outhit the Mariners, 12-11.
- TAMPA BAY: 6
Jun 5 7:06 PM
- Miguel Olivo one-out, three-run Home Run (7) to left scored Jack Cust and Adam Kennedy. Franklin Gutierrez due up.
Rays 6, Mariners 9 Bot 8, 1 OutJun 5 6:49 PM
- Adam Kennedy single to right scored pinch-runner Jack Wilson with one out. On the play, Jack Cust advances to second. Runners on first and second and Miguel Olivo due up.
Rays 6, Mariners 6 Bot 8, 1 OutJun 5 6:46 PM
- Casey Kotchman popped out to short to end the inning.
Rays 6, Mariners 5 Mid 8Jun 5 6:32 PM
- Matt Joyce double to right scored Ben Zobrist with none out. Runner on second and B.J. Upton due up.
Rays 5, Mariners 5 Top 8, 0 OutsJun 5 6:25 PM
- Ben Zobrist double to left scored Johnny Damon with none out. Runner on second and Matt Joyce due up.
Rays 4, Mariners 5 Top 8, 0 OutsJun 5 6:24 PM
- Greg Halman triple to center scored Adam Kennedy and Carlos Peguero with two out. Runner on third and Ichiro Suzuki due up.
Rays 3, Mariners 5 Bot 7, 2 OutsJun 5 6:16 PM
- Justin Smoak singled to center. Runner on first with two outs and Jack Cust due up.
Rays 3, Mariners 3 Bot 3, 2 OutsJun 5 5:04 PM
- Ichiro Suzuki triple to right scored Carlos Peguero and Greg Halman with one out. Runner on third and Brendan Ryan due up.
Rays 3, Mariners 2 Bot 3, 1 OutJun 5 5:00 PM
- Felipe Lopez double to right scored B.J. Upton with two out. Runner on second and Sean Rodriguez due up.
Rays 3, Mariners 0 Top 3, 2 OutsJun 5 4:49 PM
- B.J. Upton single to center scored Ben Zobrist with two out. Runner on first and Felipe Lopez due up.
Rays 2, Mariners 0 Top 3, 2 OutsJun 5 4:48 PM
- Kelly Shoppach double to left scored Sean Rodriguez with two out. On the play, Casey Kotchman advances to third. Runners on second and third and Sam Fuld due up.
Rays 1, Mariners 0 Top 2, 2 OutsJun 5 4:31 PM
- TAMPA BAY: 0
Top 1, 0 Outs
Jun 5 4:11 PM
- Rays' Kiermaier expected to miss 8-10 weeks with broken hand May 23
- Rays-Marlins Preview May 23
- Athletics-Mariners Preview May 23
- Baseball Capsules May 22
- Tigers beat Rays 9-4 but Zimmermann, Cabrera hurt May 22
- Archer hit hard as Rays fall 9-4 to Tigers May 22
- Signs of progress for Stanton in Marlins' 8-2 loss to Nats May 22
- Martin, Cano help Mariners sweep, hand Reds 7th loss in row May 22
- Mariners place Marte on 15-day DL, recall Taylor May 22
- Mariners-Reds Preview May 21
- Kiermaier breaks hand, Rays fall to Tigers 5-4 May 21
- Rays-Tigers Preview May 21