Lind blasts Jays over O's in extrasJun 15, 2011 - 7:03 AM
Lind finished with two hits and two RBI and Aaron Hill also went yard as the Blue Jays snapped their four-game losing streak.
Shawn Camp (1-1) earned the win with a scoreless inning of relief.
Koji Uehara (1-1) worked a perfect 10th inning before returning for the 11th and allowing Lind to smack a ball off of the third deck in right field to hand the Orioles their third straight loss.
"The way we won tonight I thought was great. Any win you can get in the division is going to be big," Lind said.
Matt Wieters had smacked a two-run homer off Mark Rzepczynski in the eighth to tie the game at five for Baltimore.
Neither starter factored into the decision as Chris Jakubauskas allowed four runs on seven hits and four walks through 5 1/3 innings for Baltimore and Carlos Villanueva went six-plus innings, allowing three runs on seven hits and two walks for Toronto.
"I didn't have my best stuff tonight," Jakubauskas said. "They started to take [pitches]. They stopped swinging early and got into hitter's counts."
Baltimore jumped out to an early lead after J.J. Hardy singled to lead off the game, advanced to third on a single by Nick Markakis and scored on a sacrifice fly by Adam Jones.
Toronto answered right back in its half of the first after Jose Bautista worked a two-out walk and came around to score on a Lind double to knot the game at one.
The Jays then took the lead in the third after Yunel Escobar led off the inning with a single and Corey Patterson followed with a bunt single to put men on first and second. Bautista came up next and hit a grounder to third that would have been a double play, but second baseman Robert Andino's throwing error to first allowed Escobar to score, making it a 2-1 game.
Toronto extended its lead in the fourth after Hill led off with a single and Jayson Nix was hit by a pitch two batters later. Escobar's single plated Hill and moved Nix to third before Nix came home on a Patterson groundout to give the Jays a three-run advantage.
Baltimore cut into the lead in the seventh after a Luke Scott bunt single and a Mark Reynolds walk knocked Villanueva off the mound.
Jason Frasor entered next and threw a wild pitch to move the runners to second and third. Andino's sacrifice fly scored Scott and Hardy's double to deep right field brought in Reynolds to make it 4-3.
Toronto got one of those runs back on Hill's solo-shot in the bottom of the seventh.
After Wieters' homer in the eighth, Rzepczynski was replaced by Casey Janssen on the bump. Janssen struck out Derrek Lee before allowing a single to Scott, who was replaced by pinch-runner Felix Pie. Janssen's throwing error on a pick-off attempt moved Pie to third, but back-to-back strikeouts by Reynolds and Andino ended the inning and kept the game tied.
Baltimore reinstated Lee from the bereavement list, announced the resignation of pitching coach Mark Connor, promoted bullpen coach Rick Adair to pitching coach and named Terry Crowley interim bullpen coach on Tuesday...Toronto optioned pitcher Kyle Drabek to Triple-A Las Vegas and selected the contract of pitcher Zach Stewart from New Hampshire on Tuesday...Bautista has now reached base safely in 56 of his 59 games this year...The win was Toronto's 16th straight home victory against the Orioles.
- BALTIMORE: 5
Jun 14 10:55 PM
- Adam Lind lead-off Home Run (12) to right to win the game.
Orioles 5, Blue Jays 6 Bot 11, 0 OutsJun 14 10:55 PM
- Matt Wieters none-out, two-run Home Run (6) to left scored Vladimir Guerrero. Derrek Lee due up.
Orioles 5, Blue Jays 5 Top 8, 0 OutsJun 14 9:48 PM
- Aaron Hill two-out, solo Home Run (2) to left. Rajai Davis due up.
Orioles 3, Blue Jays 5 Bot 7, 2 OutsJun 14 9:37 PM
- Nick Markakis grounded out first to pitcher. On the play, J.J. Hardy advances to third. Runner on third with two outs and Adam Jones due up.
Orioles 3, Blue Jays 4 Top 7, 2 OutsJun 14 9:26 PM
- Robert Andino sacrifice fly out to right scored Luke Scott. On the play, Mark Reynolds advances to third. Runner on third with one out and J.J. Hardy due up.
Orioles 2, Blue Jays 4 Top 7, 1 OutJun 14 9:19 PM
- Corey Patterson grounded out to first scored Jayson Nix. On the play, Yunel Escobar advances to second. Runner on second with two outs and Jose Bautista due up.
Orioles 1, Blue Jays 4 Bot 4, 2 OutsJun 14 8:26 PM
- Yunel Escobar singled to center scored Aaron Hill. On the play, Jayson Nix advances to third. Runners on first and third with one out and Corey Patterson due up.
Orioles 1, Blue Jays 3 Bot 4, 1 OutJun 14 8:25 PM
- Jose Bautista grounded into a fielder's choice, short to second. Corey Patterson out at second. Yunel Escobar scored on Robert Andino's throwing error. Runner on first with one out and Adam Lind due up.
Orioles 1, Blue Jays 2 Bot 3, 1 OutJun 14 8:04 PM
- Adam Lind doubled to right scored Jose Bautista.. Runner on second with two outs and J.P. Arencibia due up.
Orioles 1, Blue Jays 1 Bot 1, 2 OutsJun 14 7:26 PM
- Adam Jones sacrifice fly out to center scored J.J. Hardy.. None on with two outs and Vladimir Guerrero due up.
Orioles 1, Blue Jays 0 Top 1, 2 OutsJun 14 7:15 PM
- BALTIMORE: 0
Top 1, 0 Outs
Jun 14 7:07 PM
- Orioles-Astros Preview May 23
- Blue Jays-Yankees Preview May 23
- Ejections aplenty for Blue Jays lately May 23
- Baseball Capsules May 22
- Perez's 5 RBIs help Weaver and Angels top Orioles 10-2 May 22
- Hughes drops to 1-7 as Twins lose to Blue Jays 3-1 May 22
- Bautista, Donaldson homers propel Blue Jays over Twins 3-1 May 22
- Blue Jays manager Gibbons ejected for 4th time this season May 22
- Shoemaker strikes out 12, Angels lose 3-1 to Orioles May 22
- Wieters homers in ninth to lift Orioles past Angels, 3-1 May 22
- Orioles-Angels Preview May 22
- Baseball Capsules May 22