Jays rally to down O'sSep 10, 2011 - 8:28 PM
Kevin Gregg (0-3) came in with one out in the frame, but after fanning Brett Lawrie, he walked Kelly Johnson, served up a single to Jose Molina and plunked pinch-hitter Adam Loewen to load the bases.
Gregg then uncorked a wild pitch to plate Johnson, and later in the at-bat Arencibia laced a single to score pinch-runner Chris Woodward and end the game.
The hit made a winner of Jesse Litsch (6-3), who allowed one run on three hits in two relief innings.
Jose Bautista launched a two-run homer and Lawrie added a solo shot for the Jays, who have won four of six and shook off a 2-0 loss in Friday's series opener.
Henderson Alvarez got the start for Toronto, allowing nine hits and three runs over seven innings.
Chris Davis collected two hits and drove in a pair of runs for the Orioles, whose three-game win streak was halted.
Vladimir Guerrero and Matt Angle knocked in a run each, while Baltimore starter Rick VandenHurk gave up three hits and as many runs in just 2 1/3 innings.
Davis' RBI single in the first put the O's on the board, but Toronto moved ahead in the home half when Yunel Escobar worked a leadoff walk and Bautista reached the third deck just to the left of center for his 41st homer of the season.
Kyle Hudson reached second on an Alvarez error to start the second and scored on Angle's two-out base hit, but the Jays moved ahead by a 3-2 count on Lawrie's leadoff homer in the bottom of the frame.
Davis doubled in Guerrero for a 3-3 deadlock in the third, and Baltimore went ahead in the eighth. Robert Andino hit a leadoff double, moved to third on a groundout and scored on a double from Guerrero.
Toronto leads the season series, 11-6, having taken five of eight at Rogers Centre...Escobar left the game in the sixth inning with an injured elbow...Guerrero finished with three hits...Each team left six men on base.
- BALTIMORE: 4
Sep 10 3:55 PM
- Adam Loewen advances to second on a wild pitch. Chris Woodward advances to third on a wild pitch. Kelly Johnson scored on a wild pitch. Runners on second and third with two out and J.P. Arencibia at the plate.
Orioles 4, Blue Jays 4 Bot 9, 2 OutsSep 10 3:53 PM
- Vladimir Guerrero double to center scored Robert Andino. Runner on second with one out and Chris Davis due up.
Orioles 4, Blue Jays 3 Top 8, 1 OutSep 10 3:17 PM
- Chris Davis double to center scored Vladimir Guerrero. Runner on second with two out and Josh Bell due up.
Orioles 3, Blue Jays 3 Top 3, 2 OutsSep 10 2:03 PM
- Brett Lawrie lead-off Home Run (9) to left center. Kelly Johnson due up.
Orioles 2, Blue Jays 3 Bot 2, 0 OutsSep 10 1:44 PM
- Matt Angle single to right scored Kyle Hudson. Runner on first with two out and Robert Andino due up.
Orioles 2, Blue Jays 2 Top 2, 2 OutsSep 10 1:39 PM
- Jose Bautista one-out, two-run Home Run (41) to left center scored Yunel Escobar. Adam Lind due up.
Orioles 1, Blue Jays 2 Bot 1, 1 OutSep 10 1:27 PM
- Chris Davis single to right scored Nick Markakis. On the play, Vladimir Guerrero advances to third. Runners on first and third with two out and Josh Bell due up.
Orioles 1, Blue Jays 0 Top 1, 2 OutsSep 10 1:15 PM
- BALTIMORE: 0
Top 1, 0 Outs
Sep 10 1:09 PM
- Orioles-Astros Preview May 23
- Blue Jays-Yankees Preview May 23
- Ejections aplenty for Blue Jays lately May 23
- Baseball Capsules May 22
- Perez's 5 RBIs help Weaver and Angels top Orioles 10-2 May 22
- Hughes drops to 1-7 as Twins lose to Blue Jays 3-1 May 22
- Bautista, Donaldson homers propel Blue Jays over Twins 3-1 May 22
- Blue Jays manager Gibbons ejected for 4th time this season May 22
- Shoemaker strikes out 12, Angels lose 3-1 to Orioles May 22
- Wieters homers in ninth to lift Orioles past Angels, 3-1 May 22
- Orioles-Angels Preview May 22
- Baseball Capsules May 22