Kinsler, Rangers down A'sAug 14, 2011 - 7:41 AM
Elvis Andrus added an RBI double, Josh Hamilton had two hits and scored twice and Endy Chavez scored three runs for the Rangers, winners in five of their last six.
Colby Lewis (11-8) earned the win after holding the A's to one run on three hits in 6 1/3 innings of work.
Jemile Weeks went 3-for-4 and was a home run shy of hitting for the cycle while David DeJesus drove in the lone run for Oakland, which has lost three of its last four games.
Trevor Cahill (9-11) was pegged with the loss after giving up four runs -- three earned -- on seven hits in 7 1/3 innings.
Oakland committed four errors in the game.
"Trevor pitched very well," A's manager Bob Melvin said, "and we gave him no help. It's demoralizing and embarrassing."
The Rangers took a 1-0 lead in the sixth. Chavez reached on a fielding error by Weeks then scored when Kinsler doubled down the left-field line.
Texas extended its lead to 2-0 in the seventh. Hamilton led off with a single, moved to second on a wild pitch and scored when Mike Napoli doubled to left.
The A's came back with a run of their own in the home half. Josh Willingham doubled to right then scored after DeJesus doubled down the line in left.
The Rangers added three in the eighth and two in the ninth. Chavez led off with a single and scored when Andrus doubled. The A's then went to their bullpen, and Hamilton promptly welcomed Brian Fuentes with a single. Scott Sizemore's throwing error allowed Andrus to score. Fautino De Los Santos gave up an RBI single to Michael Young to cap the three-run frame.
In the ninth, Moreland singled and Chavez walked before Kinsler cleared the bases with a double down the left-field line.
Young extended his hitting streak to 11 games while Rangers catcher Yorvit Torrealba extended his to 10...Oakland is 26-42 when it commits one or more errors.
- TEXAS: 7
Aug 13 7:03 PM
- Ian Kinsler doubled to left scoring Mitch Moreland and Endy Chavez with two out. Runner on second and Elvis Andrus due up.
Rangers 7, Athletics 1 Top 9, 2 OutsAug 13 6:50 PM
- Michael Young singled to right scoring Josh Hamilton with one out. Runner on first and Nelson Cruz due up.
Rangers 5, Athletics 1 Top 8, 1 OutAug 13 6:27 PM
- Josh Hamilton reached first on an infield single to third. On the play, Scott Sizemore's throwing error scored Elvis Andrus with one out. Josh Hamilton advanced to second. Runner on second and Michael Young due up.
Rangers 4, Athletics 1 Top 8, 1 OutAug 13 6:22 PM
- Elvis Andrus doubled to left scoring Endy Chavez with one out. Runner on second and Josh Hamilton due up.
Rangers 3, Athletics 1 Top 8, 1 OutAug 13 6:17 PM
- David DeJesus doubled to left scoring Josh Willingham with one out. Runner on second and Brandon Allen due up.
Rangers 2, Athletics 1 Bot 7, 1 OutAug 13 6:02 PM
- Mike Napoli doubled to left scoring Josh Hamilton with one out. On the play, Nelson Cruz advances to third. Runners on second and third and Mitch Moreland due up.
Rangers 2, Athletics 0 Top 7, 1 OutAug 13 5:51 PM
- Ian Kinsler doubled to left scoring Endy Chavez with two out. Runner on second and Elvis Andrus due up.
Rangers 1, Athletics 0 Top 6, 2 OutsAug 13 5:33 PM
- TEXAS: 0
Top 1, 0 Outs
Aug 13 4:11 PM
- Josh Hamilton will miss all season with another knee surgery May 23
- Angels-Rangers Preview May 23
- Rangers put OF Choo back on DL after only 1 game in return May 23
- Athletics-Mariners Preview May 23
- LEADING OFF: Kershaw tests streak vs Reds, Colon faces Nats May 23
- Ejections aplenty for Blue Jays lately May 23
- Baseball Capsules May 22
- Darvish seems ready for return to Rangers after strong rehab May 22
- Bad day gets worse for Athletics in 5-4 loss to Yankees May 22
- Pineda ends slump; Yanks top Oakland 5-4 to win 5th straight May 22
- Odor to have appeal hearing for 8-game suspension Tuesday May 22
- Hamels fans 11, Rangers down Keuchel, Astros 9-2 for sweep May 22