Crawford plays hero as Red Sox outlast Twins in 11 framesMay 10, 2011 - 3:41 AM
Jed Lowrie worked a one-out walk against Jim Hoey (0-1) before being lifted for Iglesias. Crawford got into a full count before ripping the seventh pitch -- a low fastball -- off the Green Monster.
Iglesias raced around to score, beating the throw to give the Red Sox their third consecutive victory.
Hideki Okajima (1-0) pitched the final two innings in scoreless fashion to record the victory.
Adrian Gonzalez hit an RBI single in the fifth inning for Boston, and for most of the game that stood as the only run, thanks to both starters.
Red Sox ace Josh Beckett pitched seven shutout innings, allowing six hits, walking one and striking out five. Minnesota's Nick Blackburn gave up seven hits and walked three in 6 1/3 innings, but limited Boston to the one run.
The Twins then evened the game in the eighth. With Alfredo Aceves on the mound, Denard Span reached on a one-out infield single and advanced on a balk. After Aceves recorded another out, Jonathan Papelbon came in and gave up a single to Jason Kubel, plating Span.
The Twins had won three in a row before losing the final three in this series...The teams combined to go 2-for-22 with runners in scoring position and left 21 on base.
- MINNESOTA: 1
May 9 11:11 PM
- Carl Crawford double to left scored Jed Lowrie with one out to end the game.
Twins 1, Red Sox 2 Bot 11, 1 OutMay 9 11:07 PM
- Jason Kubel single to center scored Denard Span with two out. Runner on first and Justin Morneau due up.
Twins 1, Red Sox 1 Top 8, 2 OutsMay 9 9:44 PM
- Adrian Gonzalez single to left scored Jason Varitek with two out. Runner on first and Kevin Youkilis due up.
Twins 0, Red Sox 1 Bot 5, 2 OutsMay 9 8:49 PM
- MINNESOTA: 0
Top 1, 0 Outs
May 9 7:11 PM
- Ventura: Relievers, media pose threats to Bradley's streak May 23
- Ejections aplenty for Blue Jays lately May 23
- Baseball Capsules May 22
- Royals-Twins Preview May 22
- Ventura steps up, but Royals fall short, 3-2 May 22
- Hughes drops to 1-7 as Twins lose to Blue Jays 3-1 May 22
- Ortiz gets 4 hits, Bradley's streak at 27, Bosox top Indians May 22
- Bautista, Donaldson homers propel Blue Jays over Twins 3-1 May 22
- Boston's Bradley extends hitting streak to 27 games May 22
- Blue Jays manager Gibbons ejected for 4th time this season May 22
- Perkins slowing down rehab in return from shoulder strain May 22
- Indians-Red Sox Preview May 21