Fielder, Greinke lead Brewers past AstrosAug 7, 2011 - 10:53 PM
Fielder clubbed a two-run homer and scored four runs, while Betancourt collected three hits with three RBI.
Greinke (10-4) gave up one run on four hits with three walks and six strikeouts for Milwaukee, which swept the Astros for the second straight weekend. The National League Central leaders have won 11 of their last 12 games.
"Greinke really threw the ball well," Milwaukee manager Ron Roenicke said.
Houston starter Bud Norris (5-8) allowed six runs and eight hits in five innings.
"Those guys can hit. I didn't really make all the pitches I wanted to make and they hit all the bad ones," Norris said.
The Astros, at 37-77, are 40 games below .500 for the first time since September 6, 1963, when they were 51-91.
Fielder gave the Brewers a 2-0 lead in the first inning by launching his 26th home run of the season, a blast to the right field seats. Milwaukee added to its advantage in the third on RBI singles by Felipe Lopez and Mark Kotsay.
Betancourt made it 6-0 with a two-run single in the fifth.
Houston got on the board in the sixth, as Jose Altuve singled home pinch- hitter Matt Downs.
The Brewers got the run back in the sixth on a RBI single by Betancourt before Carlos Lee capped the scoring in the eighth with a two-run single off Milwaukee reliever Marco Estrada.
Greinke picked up his first road win since June 6...The Brewers were 5-for-13 with runners in scoring position.
- MILWAUKEE: 7
Aug 7 5:06 PM
- Carlos Lee single to right scored Brian Bogusevic and Jose Altuve. Runner on first with two outs and J.D. Martinez due up.
Brewers 7, Astros 3 Bot 8, 2 OutsAug 7 4:42 PM
- Jimmy Paredes flied out to right. None on with one out and Clint Barmes due up.
Brewers 7, Astros 1 Bot 7, 1 OutAug 7 4:17 PM
- Jason Bourgeois singled to right. On the play, Jose Altuve advances to second. Runners on first and second with one out and Carlos Lee due up.
Brewers 6, Astros 1 Bot 6, 1 OutAug 7 3:56 PM
- Yuniesky Betancourt single to center scored Prince Fielder and Mark Kotsay. Runner on first with two outs and Craig Counsell due up.
Brewers 6, Astros 0 Top 5, 2 OutsAug 7 3:35 PM
- Mark Kotsay infield single to first scored Prince Fielder. Runner on first with two outs and Yuniesky Betancourt due up.
Brewers 4, Astros 0 Top 3, 2 OutsAug 7 2:50 PM
- Felipe Lopez single to center scored Nyjer Morgan. Runner on first with none out and Ryan Braun due up.
Brewers 3, Astros 0 Top 3, 0 OutsAug 7 2:42 PM
- Prince Fielder two-out, two-run Home Run (26) to right scored Nyjer Morgan. Mark Kotsay due up.
Brewers 2, Astros 0 Top 1, 2 OutsAug 7 2:15 PM
- MILWAUKEE: 0
Top 1, 0 Outs
Aug 7 2:06 PM
- Orioles-Astros Preview May 23
- Brewers-Braves Preview May 23
- Baseball Capsules May 22
- Syndergaard Ks 11, Conforto homers as Mets sweep Brewers May 22
- Hamels fans 11, Rangers down Keuchel, Astros 9-2 for sweep May 22
- Eickhoff shuts down Braves over 7 innings, Phillies win 5-0 May 22
- Braun back in Brewers' lineup vs Mets after missing 4 games May 22
- LEADING OFF: Bradley's 26-game hit streak, Braun recovering May 22
- Baseball Capsules May 22
- Rangers-Astros Preview May 21
- Brewers-Mets Preview May 21
- Andrus, Ramos lead Rangers over Astros 2-1 May 21