McLouth lifts O's over RangersAug 22, 2012 - 5:04 AM
J.J. Hardy and Manny Machado also knocked in runs for the Orioles, who have won three of their last four games.
Chris Tillman (6-2) allowed three runs on six hits and a walk while striking out seven over 6 2/3 innings in the victory. Jim Johnson worked a perfect ninth to secure his 38th save of the year.
"These guys have a great lineup and you have to respect that," Tillman said about the Rangers. "Whether you are ahead, behind, winning the game or losing the game, I think these guys all deserve respect. You have got to pitch them tough."
Scott Feldman (6-9) surrendered five runs -- four earned -- on seven hits and a walk through five innings for Texas, which had its three-game win streak snapped.
Ian Kinsler and Geovany Soto each homered in a losing effort.
Baltimore took a quick lead in the top of the first inning without recording a hit when McLouth worked a two-out walk, advanced to third on Soto's throwing error while stealing second and raced home on a wild pitch.
The Rangers tied the game at 1-1 in the third inning on Kinsler's two-out blast just inside the left-field foul pole.
But the Orioles went back on top in the fifth after Omar Quintanilla reached first on a fielder's choice and rounded the bases on Machado's triple to right-center field.
Two batters later, Hardy slapped a double to right field to plate Machado. McLouth then hammered a ball into the right-field bleachers, handing Baltimore a 5-1 advantage.
"I was close to getting out of it, but I just couldn't really get that final out," Feldman said about the fifth inning.
Soto followed David Murphy's one-out single in the seventh inning with a shot over the left-field wall to bring the Rangers within two, but Pedro Strop left the tying runs on the bases by striking out Josh Hamilton.
Tillman improved to 2-1 in three career starts against the Rangers ... Feldman fell to 4-1 in 12 appearances (six starts) against Baltimore ... Texas went 1- for-3 with runners in scoring position and left seven men on base ... The Orioles went 2-for-3 with runners in scoring position and stranded three.
- BALTIMORE: 5
Aug 21 11:13 PM
- Geovany Soto one-out, two-run Home Run (2) to left scored David Murphy. Mitch Moreland due up.
Orioles 5, Rangers 3 Bot 7, 1 OutAug 21 10:23 PM
- Nate McLouth two-out, two-run Home Run (1) to right scored J.J. Hardy. Adam Jones due up.
Orioles 5, Rangers 1 Top 5, 2 OutsAug 21 9:40 PM
- J.J. Hardy double to right scored Manny Machado with two outs. Runner on second and Nate McLouth due up.
Orioles 3, Rangers 1 Top 5, 2 OutsAug 21 9:38 PM
- Manny Machado triple to center scored Omar Quintanilla with one out. Runner on third and Nick Markakis due up.
Orioles 2, Rangers 1 Top 5, 1 OutAug 21 9:35 PM
- Ian Kinsler two-out, solo Home Run (14) to left. Elvis Andrus due up.
Orioles 1, Rangers 1 Bot 3, 2 OutsAug 21 9:03 PM
- Nate McLouth scored on a wild pitch with two outs. None on and Adam Jones at the plate.
Orioles 1, Rangers 0 Top 1, 2 OutsAug 21 8:16 PM
- BALTIMORE: 0
Top 1, 0 Outs
Aug 21 8:07 PM
- Josh Hamilton will miss all season with another knee surgery May 23
- Orioles-Astros Preview May 23
- Angels-Rangers Preview May 23
- Rangers put OF Choo back on DL after only 1 game in return May 23
- Ejections aplenty for Blue Jays lately May 23
- Baseball Capsules May 22
- Darvish seems ready for return to Rangers after strong rehab May 22
- Perez's 5 RBIs help Weaver and Angels top Orioles 10-2 May 22
- Odor to have appeal hearing for 8-game suspension Tuesday May 22
- Hamels fans 11, Rangers down Keuchel, Astros 9-2 for sweep May 22
- Shoemaker strikes out 12, Angels lose 3-1 to Orioles May 22
- Orioles-Angels Preview May 22