Rockies pound DodgersJun 2, 2012 - 5:44 AM Denver, CO (Sports Network) - Wilin Rosario hit a two-run home run, scored three times and drove in three runs as the Colorado Rockies dominated the Los Angeles Dodgers, 13-3, in the opener of a three-game set.
Chris Nelson and Michael Cuddyer hit back-to-back homers in the eighth, while Cuddyer scored four times for the Rockies, who are on a season-high five-game winning streak.
Josh Outman pitched 3 1/3 innings in the start and gave up just two hits. Adam Ottavino (1-0) got the first win of his career for pitching 1 2/3 innings without giving up a run.
"I was able to execute tonight and give the team what it needed," said Outman. "I'm not going to be able to do that every night, but this was a nice first start for me."
Alex Castellanos drove in a pair of runs for the Dodgers, who have lost a season-high five straight. Chris Capuano (7-2) was touched for seven runs -- four earned -- on seven hits with four walks over 5 1/3 innings.
"It was the sloppiest game that we've had," said Los Angeles manager Don Mattingly.
The Rockies scored twice in the second. Rosario stole second with Cuddyer on third and both came home to score as Matt Treanor's throw to second went into the outfield.
A Castellanos RBI triple in the fourth got Los Angeles on the board, but a run-scoring double play from Jordan Pacheco got the run back for Colorado in the home portion of the inning.
Carlos Gonzalez singled home Dexter Fowler in the fifth, while Castellanos' sacrifice fly in the sixth made it a 4-2 game.
The Rockies, though, put the game away with four runs in the bottom of the sixth. Rosario's eighth homer of the year came with a man on and Fowler and Marco Scutaro each hit an RBI single later in the frame.
Colorado plated three more in the seventh on a run-scoring fielder's choice from Rosario, RBI single off the bat of DJ LeMahieu and RBI single courtesy of Fowler for an 11-2 lead.
Treanor scored Jerry Hairston with a fielder's choice in the eighth, but Nelson and Cuddyer went deep in the bottom of the frame to account for the final score.
Colorado has scored 37 runs in its last three games...The Dodgers have given up 30 runs during their losing streak. This was the most runs they have given up in a game this season...Los Angeles had taken four of six from Colorado this season prior to Friday's game...Capuano fell to 5-6 against the Rockies in his career.
- LOS ANGELES: 3
Jun 2 12:05 AM
- Michael Cuddyer none-out, solo Home Run (7) to left. Todd Helton due up.
Dodgers 3, Rockies 13 Bot 8, 0 OutsJun 1 11:48 PM
- Pinch-Hitter Chris Nelson lead-off Home Run (1) to center. Michael Cuddyer due up.
Dodgers 3, Rockies 12 Bot 8, 0 OutsJun 1 11:47 PM
- Matt Treanor reached first on a fielder's choice, first to short that scored Jerry Hairston Jr. with two out. Alex Castellanos out at second. Runner on first and Jamey Wright due up.
Dodgers 3, Rockies 11 Top 8, 2 OutsJun 1 11:39 PM
- Dexter Fowler single to right scored Wilin Rosario with two out. On the play, Eric Young Jr. advanced to third. Runners on first and third and Marco Scutaro due up.
Dodgers 2, Rockies 11 Bot 7, 2 OutsJun 1 11:28 PM
- Wilin Rosario reached first on a fielder's choice, short to third, that scored Michael Cuddyer with one out. On the play, Jordan Pacheco advanced to second as Todd Helton was thrown out at third. Runners on first and second and DJ LeMahieu due up.
Dodgers 2, Rockies 9 Bot 7, 1 OutJun 1 11:24 PM
- Marco Scutaro single to left scored Dexter Fowler with two out. Runner on first and Carlos Gonzalez due up.
Dodgers 2, Rockies 8 Bot 6, 2 OutsJun 1 11:04 PM
- Dexter Fowler reached first and advanced to second on Jerry Hairston Jr.'s throwing error that scored DJ LeMahieu with two out. Runner on second and Marco Scutaro due up.
Dodgers 2, Rockies 7 Bot 6, 2 OutsJun 1 11:02 PM
- DJ LeMahieu advanced to second on a wild pitch. Runner on second with one out and Adam Ottavino at the plate.
Dodgers 2, Rockies 6 Bot 6, 1 OutJun 1 10:52 PM
- Alex Castellanos sacrifice fly out to left scored Jerry Hairston Jr. with one out. Runner on first and Matt Treanor due up.
Dodgers 2, Rockies 4 Top 6, 1 OutJun 1 10:33 PM
- Jerry Hairston Jr. advanced to second on a wild pitch. Runner on second with none out and Scott Van Slyke at the plate.
Dodgers 1, Rockies 4 Top 6, 0 OutsJun 1 10:29 PM
- Jordan Pacheco grounded into a double play, short to second to first, that scored Michael Cuddyer with two out. Todd Helton out at second. None on with two outs and Wilin Rosario due up.
Dodgers 1, Rockies 3 Bot 4, 2 OutsJun 1 10:02 PM
- Alex Castellanos triple to right scored Scott Van Slyke with two out. Runner on third and Matt Treanor due up.
Dodgers 1, Rockies 2 Top 4, 2 OutsJun 1 9:49 PM
- DJ LeMahieu popped out to first to end the inning.
Dodgers 0, Rockies 2 End 2Jun 1 9:25 PM
- LOS ANGELES: 0
Top 1, 0 Outs
Jun 1 8:42 PM
- Ventura: Relievers, media pose threats to Bradley's streak May 23
- Pirates' Vogelsong hit in head by pitch, leaves game May 23
- LEADING OFF: Kershaw tests streak vs Reds, Colon faces Nats May 23
- Reds-Dodgers Preview May 23
- Cubs slowed again by Bumgarner, Giants in 1-0 loss May 23
- Rookie Perdomo tough-luck loser in 9-5 defeat to Dodgers May 22
- Puig's 2-run single in 17th leads Dodgers over Padres, 9-5 May 22
- Baseball Capsules May 22
- Rockies-Pirates postponed after 1 inning; makeup on Monday May 22
- Plate umpire Rackley leaves after getting hit by foul bunt May 22
- Dodgers lose 3-2 in 11th after Tsao issues walk-off walk May 22
- Dodgers-Padres Preview May 22