Brewers send reeling Astros to NL Central basementJul 7, 2012 - 5:43 AM
Gallardo (7-6) gave up four hits, three walks and struck out six to get the win. Norichika Aoki added a solo homer, two hits, two RBI and two runs scored for the Brewers, who snapped a two-game skid.
Scott Moore's solo homer was the lone run of the game for the Astros, who have dropped nine straight and now have the worst record in the majors. J.A. Happ (6-9) gave up seven runs on nine hits in 6 1/3 innings to take the loss.
Aoki and Ryan Braun hit back-to-back homers in the first to get Milwaukee on the board, but the Astros responded with Moore's second of the season in the bottom of the inning to make it a 2-1 game.
The score remained that way until the sixth when Corey Hart doubled with two outs and Weeks followed with his seventh homer of the season, a shot over the right field wall for a 4-1 lead.
The Brewers blew the game open with three runs in the seventh. Martin Maldonado walked to start the frame and came home on Carlos Gomez's triple. Aoki then singled to score Gomez and chase Happ from the game.
Enerio Del Rosario then took the mound and got Braun to pop out for the second out of the inning, but Aoki stole second and came home on Aramis Ramirez's double for a 7-1 advantage.
Kameron Loe pitched a 1-2-3 seventh while Livan Hernandez worked a perfect eighth inning and got around a two-on, two-out spot in the ninth to cap the win.
Aoki has a 13-game hitting streak...Gallardo is 11-2 in his career against the Astros...Happ fell to 3-3 lifetime against the Brewers...Each team has won three games in the season matchup...The Astros went 0-for-4 with runners in scoring position and left eight on base.
- MILWAUKEE: 7
Jul 6 11:02 PM
- Aramis Ramirez double to right scored Norichika Aoki with two outs. Runner on second and Corey Hart due up.
Brewers 7, Astros 1 Top 7, 2 OutsJul 6 10:13 PM
- Norichika Aoki single to center scored Carlos Gomez with one out. Runner on first and Ryan Braun due up.
Brewers 6, Astros 1 Top 7, 1 OutJul 6 10:04 PM
- Carlos Gomez triple to center scored Martin Maldonado with one out. Runner on third and Norichika Aoki due up.
Brewers 5, Astros 1 Top 7, 1 OutJul 6 10:02 PM
- Rickie Weeks two-out, two-run Home Run (7) to right scored Corey Hart. Cody Ransom due up.
Brewers 4, Astros 1 Top 6, 2 OutsJul 6 9:39 PM
- J.D. Martinez flied out to center to end the inning.
Brewers 2, Astros 1 End 1Jul 6 8:26 PM
- Ryan Braun one-out, solo Home Run (24) to left. Aramis Ramirez due up.
Brewers 2, Astros 0 Top 1, 1 OutJul 6 8:13 PM
- MILWAUKEE: 1
Top 1, 1 Out
Jul 6 8:09 PM
- Orioles-Astros Preview May 23
- Brewers-Braves Preview May 23
- Baseball Capsules May 22
- Syndergaard Ks 11, Conforto homers as Mets sweep Brewers May 22
- Hamels fans 11, Rangers down Keuchel, Astros 9-2 for sweep May 22
- Eickhoff shuts down Braves over 7 innings, Phillies win 5-0 May 22
- Braun back in Brewers' lineup vs Mets after missing 4 games May 22
- LEADING OFF: Bradley's 26-game hit streak, Braun recovering May 22
- Baseball Capsules May 22
- Rangers-Astros Preview May 21
- Brewers-Mets Preview May 21
- Andrus, Ramos lead Rangers over Astros 2-1 May 21